K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Digimon makes more sense then Pokemon.

Digimon has a story.

You can still make a creative story out of Pokemon.  Besides, Pokemon is more well known: over 230 million copies of the main and side series games sold worldwide, billions of dollars just from their trading card games, movies that consistently perform well (iffy now) at the box office, a television show, a Saturday show all to itself, stores all to itself, merchandise selling like crazy,  and general popular longevity is nothing to scoff at so even if Digimon had the better story, it would not do amazing business BO wise unless it breaks out which is minimal.  

• Like 2

You have to think GOTG, JW sequels will take priority right? That's asking a lot to have a project that is just in development to become a finished product in only three years. lucasfilm has already said for the moment it's focusing on SW films.

Things can change in a hurry though if they feel that Pratt is right for Indy, imo.

You can still make a creative story out of Pokemon.  Besides, Pokemon is more well known: over 230 million copies of the main and side series games sold worldwide, billions of dollars just from their trading card games, movies that consistently perform well (iffy now) at the box office, a television show, a Saturday show all to itself, stores all to itself, merchandise selling like crazy,  and general popular longevity is nothing to scoff at so even if Digimon had the better story, it would not do amazing business BO wise unless it breaks out which is minimal.  

Pokemon can have an easy story as well. Put Team Rocket in a crazy plan to dominate all Pokemon and Ash trying to stop them.

A pokemon movie could do great, I just have no idea how it could be good. 

Pratt's gonna pick the 1.5b franchise over fucking guardians of the galaxy say what?

JW 2 is in a prime position to show off Pratt's talents more and be a little more serious. BDH is the only one who really showed some acting skill in JW 1. Let Pratt shime in #2.

He doesn't really have a pick in Guardians over this. He still has 4 movies with Marvel left.

Pokemon can have an easy story as well. Put Team Rocket in a crazy plan to dominate all Pokemon and Ash trying to stop them.

Jai Courtney as Ash

I've seen Safety not Guaranteed and I have no idea what they saw in that film that made them trust Treverrow with 150 million dollars.

• Like 1

There's no script for Indy yet, no writers even as far as we know, so it will take a while to get into production anyway. I'd say 3 years at least. 

Plenty of time for Pratt to finish GOTG 2, Lego 2, JW 2.

Pratt will likely turn Indiana Jones down if he is offered it as he already has two franchises

Owen Grady & Starlord have some of Indiana Jones characteristic in them. To him, the role is a walk in the park, and he could reject it precisely because he already plays Indy in Guardians & Jurassic World.

I think it really tells something about how bad he is as an actor that he almost always only plays "charming goofball".

Actually I think that if someone can imitate actor for comedic purposes that means that he/she really isn't a great actor. Because of that Al Pacino or Jack Nicholson aren't really as great as people think because they are so easily imitated by comedians. That just shows that they always plays same character.

Have you ever seen anyone imitate Daniel Day-Lewis or Gary Oldman? Of course not because they are so versatile actors that don't have same manners in every role. And that's what makes a really great actor.

Someone just mimicked Jack Nicholson on the radio. :P

Have the original cast return, make it non-canon to the anime because, make Team Rocket actually vile human beings, age Ash, Misty, and Brock, and have Mega Mewtwo battle Mega Arceus.  Woohoo, $1 billion dollars right there, LOL! 

You know....a live action "Pokemon" movie could have been a really cool idea. It's a hugely popular brand after all.

All the director have to do is to know how the ethics of Pokemon works. And be faithful to the source material, of course. 

Like...they could bring some kid actors from 10-15 years old to portray their anime counterparts.

Make this more family-friendly like the anime. PG or PG13.

I would love that to happen. And it could have been a pretty good movie.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Last I heard about her was that she was on Tinder

Duff got married and had kids.  That's the reason her career stalled.  She chose to take time off.  I'm not a fan of hers or anything nor do I have anything against her, but to be fair, she chose family over career.  She'll get back into it if she wants.

I've seen Safety not Guaranteed and I have no idea what they saw in that film that made them trust Treverrow with 150 million dollars.

Most of the directors for big franchise flicks seem to be coming off movies which have done next to nothing at the box office and in a style completely different to what is expected of the big franchise movie.

Star Wars universe movies - Rian Johnson, Josh Trank was signed on at one point, Gareth Edwards

Godzilla - Gareth Edwards right after Monsters

Marvel - Russo Brothers, James Gunn after Super

DC - Patti Jenkins (was Michelle MacLaren), David Ayer right off Fury

Pirates 5 - The kon-tiki guys

Also, Christopher Nolan and Joss Whedon were both coming off well received indie movies when they got the big franchise to handle.

Seems to be a "we will invest in this filmmaker for the future" approach.

• Like 2

LOL! At people talking about a live action Pokemon movie. Nintendo and The Pokemon Company would never allow a live action Pokemon movie to get, and even if they did, it'd probably be made in Japan.

We just have to wait a few decades... I mean, Nintendo finally (hopefully) got on the mobile train and that took them a couple years and now, Pokemon might even come to the Wii U via Pokemon Snap 2 or even Pokken Fighters, so a live adaptation of one of their most beloved series is not out of the question.  Of course, the only possible way for this to happen in the coming years is for Pokemon to hit rock bottom which is unlikely given how well ORAS is performing.