K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

No he didn't. He was reporting 70-74 long before Deadline posted their nonsense.

At least they committed to one number, not a range. Being wrong by 4m is not nonsense considering how large the numbers are. 74m is also 3m off.

Look, it's cool we have RTH but let's not put him on a pedestal. He also makes mistakes. The sooner he posts the more prone to mistakes he is. He can't predict the future after all.

Several kids had to be taken out of my screening last night by their parents. I think some parents forget just how scary the original Jurassic Park movies are.

Serious??? Lol young kids at my screening were like yeah so cool at those scenes.

However I went to the ghetto theater so that changes things.

Actuals will be delayed tomorrow because it made so much money and destroyed Sunday's record. We will know number by 4pm ET (1:00PM PT)

Actuals: $214,844,116 ($100,000,000 more than Spiderman)

Sunday more than $61 million. :D

• Like 2

GoT's most recent season has been absolute trash. Sorry but it is the truth. Anyway, I don't think GoT alone would have been a problem. It is the combination of it and NBA that will screw Jurassic World. 

It's not not going to screw JW. Again, JW matched TA in previews facing a NBA Finals game. I live in Cleveland and on Thursday out of 10 of us only one decided to stay home and watch the game and the other 9 went and saw JW at 7:30.

And surely people who want to watch GOT or the game later but also want to see the movie can go see the movie earlier in the day today?

No after the weekend estimates studios, the news station won't go back and report in it.

Maybe Universal doesn't care about records.  Maybe they just know that this film has far exceeded even the ballsiest or predictions so they are fine with that.

• Like 1

There's a scene where

the Irex chases the two kids and they jump off the cliff.  The Irex just misses them

.  That scene made me jump.  

Yeah,

when the kids are being chased by the I-Rex and they jump off, that was pretty terrifying.

The I-Rex breakout

caused several children to cry and leave the movie.

Edited by Treeth Simanton

GoT's most recent season has been absolute trash. Sorry but it is the truth. Anyway, I don't think GoT alone would have been a problem. It is the combination of it and NBA that will screw Jurassic World.

So true the nba finals is a bigger attraction got has sucked this year

At least they committed to one number, not a range. Being wrong by 4m is not nonsense considering how large the numbers are. 74m is also 3m off.

Look, it's cool we have RTH but let's not put him on a pedestal. He also makes mistakes. The sooner he posts the more prone to mistakes he is. He can't predict the future after all.

RTH is the pedestal.  You are seriously not giving him any credit.  And you really have no idea what he does and how he gets his numbers.  So until you do, my suggestion is you do not speak about what you do not know.

• Like 5

Maybe Universal doesn't care about records. Maybe they just know that this film has far exceeded even the ballsiest or predictions so they are fine with that.

Oh come on....

I am sorry go in the coporate world and companies have fallen by the madness of ceos for prestiege.

It could be anywhere from 51-60....at this point, who knows.  

Monday is going to be a lot of fun.  

So with this opening, next weekend is going to be a lot of fun too. Can JW break TA's 2nd WE record?? :)

I'm so seeing JW again to celebrate this. :wub:

• Like 1

It's going to do it guys.   I'm so happy right now.   This is the biggest Box Office surprise Ever.   

Biggest box office surprise ever? Um, I don't think so. It's not even the biggest box office surprise this year.