K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Ta was 3 years ago so infaltion alone kills any arguement ... The declined 3d shares have been suplannted by more vip dbox and avx and other premium functions.

Even if Aou did 210 million iy would have not beaten TA or tdk admissions.

That's not fair at all.  You have no way of knowing that.

• Like 3

In terms of box office, certainly, but he's done a couple of interesting films that got critical acclaim: The Debt, Paper Planes. Too bad that nobody saw them. :(

Um... Clash of the Titans? And even Wrath of the Titans after that.

Look, I'm not saying he was the main draw, obviously, but he was all over the marketing campaign. I think you're giving his popularity too little credit.

But hey, this is a moot argument. If you think this movie would draw exactly the same audience if Worthington was the lead (for instance), there's really no point to discuss it.

AVATAR is the highest grossing film of all time in spite of  Worthington.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

Problem is B, that these newbies and not so newbies don't want to be reasoned with, they just want to panic. I don't understand the fretting about the 70m number. It could be 69.9 and still be at the marl because of rounding and some of yall need to be great full we even have early numbers once upon a time we older folks had to wait.

• Like 3

That's not fair at all. You have no way of knowing that.

Lol baumer we cannot determine if Ta or tdk have the record with those number back in 2012.

How can you think a similar number 3 years latter is comparable.

It will break the record and that's amazing eneough

Edited by Lordmandeep

Problem is B, that these newbies and not so newbies don't want to be reasoned with, they just want to panic. I don't understand the fretting about the 70m number. It could be 69.9 and still be at the marl because of rounding and some of yall need to be great full we even have early numbers once upon a time we older folks had to wait.

Yep, it very well could be under 70.  But it's not going to be at 66 mill like Deadline says.  

Oh James.  

It's nice to see people are just as protective of their favourite franchises as I am of mine (read: you cant be reasoned with), even though when December will come it will get really annoying around here... :P

Edited by James

Lol baumer we cannot determine if Ta or tdk have the record with those number back in 2012.

How can you think a similar number 3 years latter is comparable.

It's why the attendance argument is moot. Without actual admissions numbers is all conjecture and speculation and of course that leads to flame wars.

• Like 1

Post-Avatar, yes. People didn't have the stigma against him they have now and there's nothing in this Owen character that stands out that a Hemsworth or a Worthington couldn't have pull off. It's pretty generic lead stuff that Pratt was asked to do while turning down a notch his goofball self.

This has nothing to do with the character, it's about pulling people in to the theater. It's about selling the movie to a crowd who might not be sold on it yet. Pratt is very very popular right now. I dare say - a lot more popular as an actor than Worthington ever was. You can disagree with that, fine, but I followed this movie's social media presence very closely for weeks. A ton of the conversation revolved around Pratt. 

I won't argue this point anymore, it's just annoying to see people not give him any type of credit.

• Like 1

Sunday will be hard .

NBA+GoT+Money in The Bank+E3

C'mon... Money in the Bank? E3? Money in the Bank will be seen by 1 million of people and E3 is just Bethesda conference.

Yep, it very well could be under 70.  But it's not going to be at 66 mill like Deadline says.  

Exactly. RTH already confirmed very late that it was "way over" the 66.8 Deadline number. There is no reason to believe it's not at least very close to 70. Probably over the 69.5 of TA1.

• Like 3