K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Can someone tell me where on the keyboard you can find the long slash that people put in their titles?  I swear I do not have this long Slash, just a /

On my keyboard it is next to Z.

google_chromebook_keyboard_keys.jpg

My keyboard is very different to this one. Very different. In mine it is on the left side of the 1 key. 

Edited by CJohn

This movie has performed byond expectations on every front since it opened. 

Why would it suddenly now on Sunday begin to disappoint?

That said, I'll be perfectly happy with 204m. It's about 100m more than the average prediction here.

This has nothing to do with the character, it's about pulling people in to the theater. It's about selling the movie to a crowd who might not be sold on it yet. Pratt is very very popular right now. I dare say - a lot more popular as an actor than Worthington ever was. You can disagree with that, fine, but I followed this movie's social media presence very closely for weeks. A ton of the conversation revolved around Pratt. 

I won't argue this point anymore, it's just annoying to see people not give him any type of credit.

Because marketing sold Pratt like the next big lead actor after GOTG. Just like they tried to sell Worthington as the new big lead of the week back in 2010 after Avatar and they would have if he hypothetically led JW back in 2010 to cash on his new gained fame.

The thing is Pratt displays his goofball persona off-screen everywhere right now, he plays the Hollywood and social medias game while crafting his down-to-earth and relatable persona into US audience's mind like a male J-Law. Worthington has never tried to be the male J-Law online nor has ever been an endearing goofball off-screen to win US audience. Pratt jumps on the good wagons and offers after GOTG but it's not like JW needed him to be big, put Chris Evans in the same role I doubt people would be like "I won't see this movie because I'd prefer Chris Pratt in the lead role".

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 2

If it is 210 million then you can put it with Ta Sm3 and tdk for biggest admissions.

The exclusive club gets a 4th member.

No one cares about admissions.  

• Like 5

No one cares about admissions.

Yes we do.

Dh2 beat tdk but we all know it was not bigger then tdk.

So imo saying admissions have zero revelance it's silly.

IM3 beat tdkr and tdk but we know IM3 was not as big.

It's something we have in the back our minds.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Pratt is not why this did so well.

However he played a huge part.

Having a cool lead in a action blockbuster is essential to attract audiences.

Pratt is obviously not the sole reason it did well, but when you add up all the factors, he certainly helped.  There's no denying that he has appeal now after GOTG.  This was just a perfect cornucopia of factors that contributed to this monstrous opening.

• Like 5

I don't get it.  Why would my keyboard not have it?  Maybe European keyboards are different than NA ones? 

Press and hold ALT then type 124 (on numpad), then release ALT. At least in Windows it should work.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Yes we do.

Dh2 beat tdk but we all know it was not bigger then tdk.

So imo saying admissions have zero revelance it's silly.

Admissions have zero relevance.