K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Doubt it I see front loading..

This does not feel like a all time opener at all.

(Sm3 tDk ta1)

it plays really well with families. I have seen tons of family posts on FB taking their kids for JW. That will continue for sure. Plus this is a crowd pleaser like 1st Avengers. So its going to play super strong over the weekend and then over the summer for sure. if it does 65m friday minus previews its going to break OW record and then challenge Avengers 1 domestic as well.

• Like 1

so assuming $81m holds - thats day business of $62.5 on fri.

if it more or less stays flat on sat and then dips 20% on sun (which sounds high given huge demand/spillover business) we're looking at $194.

if it can increase it's pure day business fri to sat then $200m is done.

Edited by solaaaaaaaris

This seems to be playing nowhere near record levels in canada this such a funny weekend.

Lol...

Saturday needs to be 65 + for opening weekend and I do not see such a strong Saturday in mid June.

I am seeing near 200 million because such it literally opened to 62 million day business.

Edited by Lordmandeep

it plays really well with families. I have seen tons of family posts on FB taking their kids for JW. That will continue for sure. Plus this is a crowd pleaser like 1st Avengers. So its going to play super strong over the weekend and then over the summer for sure. if it does 65m friday minus previews its going to break OW record and then challenge Avengers 1 domestic as well.

Let's not get too excited yet.

I cannot see a mid June Opener having the same weekend multiplier as a film in the first weekend of May.

The best Recent mega Opener in Summer was TDK with 2.35. 

JW has shown opening weekend record should go down easily it is just that wide appealing movies have not come out or fulfiled  expectations. 

And I just noticed that none of the 15 questions relate to JW. baumer didn't even know where to start  :lol:

I gave all the JW questions to the individuals.  :)

• Like 1

Star Wars has always been a bigger property than Jurassic Park. I shudder what to think Star Wars will do if hits the same chord.

The first Jurassic Park sold as many tickets as the phantom menace and way more than attack of the clones and revenge of the siths.

I gave all the JW questions to the individuals.   :)

and i'm pretty sure i've got both of the JW questions you gave me correct 

1) will JW open above 110m... err... done deal ;)

2) open to 9m+ in australia.... 2.7m OD .. it's heading for 12m / 13m + at the moment so yeah.. (considering i answered yes to both now all i need is Entourage to crash by > 60% friday to friday and Aloha to bump by at least 20% on sat and the individual points are mine  :ph34r:  :bop:

• Like 1