kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Anyone else getting $40M+ OW vibes from this? Also when do tickets go on sale and Reviews come out?

Tickets are available now, but it's not up in all theaters. The Movie Tavern near my university has them up, but neither of my Regals back home have them up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

?

This, Shape of Water, The Post and Three Billboards are all looking to do well.  Ferdinand and Greatest Showman are question marks but I wouldn't rule them out at all

Shape of water is a fox movie?!!

Murder on Orient Express might do well, but I am not sure about critical prospects. These oscar-bait multi-starrers haven't really clicked in the past either commercially or critically. Hope this one bucks the trend, but not feeling it. I was very excited when I saw the teaser though.

Haven't heard of The Post and Three Billboards.

Ferdinand will be perfect cunterprogramming to star wars. Will crack 120M domestic.

2 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

95m domestic / 180 world wide.

Do you mean 95m domestic / 180 intl, 275m WW ?

Or 95/85 for 180m WW.

Any reason for the domestic heavy ratio ?, considering Depp and Agatha Christie international appeal ?

Girl on a train did 43/57 and they changed the location to the state from the UK, otherwise it would have been probably closer to the 40/60 or even 35/65 average.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Do you mean 95m domestic / 180 intl, 275m WW ?

Or 95/85 for 180m WW.

Any reason for the domestic heavy ratio ?, considering Depp and Agatha Christie international appeal ?

Girl on a train did 43/57 and they changed the location to the state from the UK, otherwise it would have been probably closer to the 40/60 or even 35/65 average.

I mean 95 domestic and 85 overseas for 180 world wide.

I just don't see it doing well in many OS markets. Should do well in UK and some European markets but a lot of overseas markets wont care.

• Like 1

85m is considerably less than Girl on a train 98m for a movie your expecting to have a much bigger appeal than Girl on a train on the domestic market (57m domestic), seem a bit harsh, you are even predicting a better intl ratio for a Will Ferrell comedy (those rarely goes over 40% intl often below 25%)