kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Masterpiece seems to co-produce most of the big British period dramas like Poldark, Downton Abbey and Victoria as well as things like Sherlock and Endeavour. Did they ever show the David Suchet Poirot? 

They changed Masterpiece Theater in 2008 into three different Masterpiece groupings Classic, Mystery and Contemporary.  

This was because people complained PBS Mystery had too many classic British mysteries. (best TV credits ever)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Yea I'm with Hatebox here, never got people expecting this to get great reviews. I have been expecting 30-40 on RT, so will probably end up at least 20 points better than expected even if US critics are less kind. It's the 1000th adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express! It's a camp blockbuster starring Johnny Depp. Were people expecting Oscar level reviews? I could have been predicted the consensus months ago "An uneccessary but competently made remake." It just ended up on the fresher side of that than expected.

40 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

This was good. Funnily enough, the part of the movie I was low key dreading (Branagh as Poirot) was far and away the best part of it.

Second act slogs a bit but the reveal was well done. 

that's the only endorsement i needed in all honesty. 

it looks like such a blast. can’t wait.

• Thanks 1

I thought this was pretty good, glad I saw it. I wish I didn't know the answer to the mystery though as I feel the movie would be a lot more enjoyable without knowing the answer. Also there are a lot of characters, it's the kind of movie where you remember people by the actors rather than the characters.

25 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I thought this was pretty good, glad I saw it. I wish I didn't know the answer to the mystery though as I feel the movie would be a lot more enjoyable without knowing the answer. Also there are a lot of characters, it's the kind of movie where you remember people by the actors rather than the characters.

Yeah, I was surprised by that. It's all about Branagh, though Pfeiffer has a good role (and is brilliant) too. The rest are all fine/good but not really given the chance to shine.

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

This was good. Funnily enough, the part of the movie I was low key dreading (Branagh as Poirot) was far and away the best part of it.

Second act slogs a bit but the reveal was well done. 

How was Doyle?

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

How was Doyle?

It's a really good score but not at all what I was expecting. It's not a grand, English sweeping score (most of the time) but a sad one - he really plays the drama at the heart of the story. It takes a backseat in the middle but the music during the reveal is probably the best scored scene of the year so far.

• Like 1