kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

36 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I can't remember a non-franchise film that's been advertised this much in recent memory. Seriously, they've gone absolutely nuts marketing this in the UK.

It's Agatha Christie, she's like one of the holy trinity of authors along with JK Rowling and Roald Dahl.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

My mom is dying of excitement for this. Definitely think it's gonna strike a chord with a specific demographic.

My mum considers any portrayal of Poirot that isn’t David Suchet to be an abomination. She probably isn’t going.

Still wanna wait for reviews. Glad Tele's friend enjoyed it but also had alot of bad signs for weeks too. Still up in the air. With 70+ on RT I can see a 35/100 type total as counterprogramming. Maybe even higher if it is truly great and not just a fun romp.

5 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Still wanna wait for reviews. Glad Tele's friend enjoyed it but also had alot of bad signs for weeks too. Still up in the air. With 70+ on RT I can see a 35/100 type total as counterprogramming. Maybe even higher if it is truly great and not just a fun romp.

Not saying you're wrong, but what are the bad signs? I haven't been following this closely but it seemed like marketing/etc has been pretty effective.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Not saying you're wrong, but what are the bad signs? I haven't been following this closely but it seemed like marketing/etc has been pretty effective.

There's been some negative musings for months and there's a couple of seriously negative reactions on the last page. I am very excited for this and have just as much reason to think it's good as bad. But when in doubt, expect bad.

Also the clips are pretty meh, but that's actually totally expected because clips are always terrible.