abra

Wednesday Actuals: JW 19.9 [Not the PIXAR thread]

Is this just in the US? I haven't even seen a single poster of Inside Out here in Dubai. Nothing on the news either. Nobody I know has ever heard of this movie and Dubai usually has sell outs on opening night/weekend for big movies such as TDK, AOU, F7 and JW. From what I see I can say the anticipation or awareness level for this movie outside the west is effectively zero. JW is going to crush it overseas.

Pixar tend to release movies late overseas. As of now I doubt many people in the UK have heard of it

Megamind was better than both TS3 and HTTYD

Yes Ethan, Megamind was actually funny.

TS3 was a dull movie with a great emotional ending which tricked everyone into thinking they had just seen a great film but they hadn't, they'd seen a dull movie with a great final 5 minutes. Many people fell for that, some of them even post on these forums.

• Like 3

Pixar tend to release movies late overseas. As of now I doubt many people in the UK have heard of it

In Australia we get both IO and Minions this week. I'm going to see neither of them but I feel like Minions has more hype here.

It's nice to see Pixar back on form, but the days of their movies being must-see (I saw Up and Wall-E at the cinema) has long passed for me.

This is a mindset I just can't understand. They have a movie coming out that by almost all accounts is right up there with their "must-see" movies of the past, and you don't want to see it just because they haven't had enough of them recently? I mean, everyone has to start (or return) somewhere.

• Like 1

This is a mindset I just can't understand. They have a movie coming out that by almost all accounts is right up there with their "must-see" movies of the past, and you don't want to see it just because they haven't had enough of them recently? I mean, everyone has to start (or return) somewhere.

I was at college when I saw Up in theaters, and had all the time in the world. Now I'm the one who's old and cranky, and I have to really want to see something before bothering with a cinema visit.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1