abra

Wednesday Actuals: JW 19.9 [Not the PIXAR thread]

17.8% drop.  Pretty slick.

That puts it at $278 mil ($20 mil ahead of Avengers at the same point). 

Now, it just needs a few sub -20% drops and a lead of 70-80 mil on Avengers before we consider the possibility of taking down Avatar!!!

Don't understand why people are expecting a +100m weekend. Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't 85-90m more probable?

I'm thinking about 90m though hoping for 100m+. But who knows with JW. It has been amazing in its first 6 days.

Not bad. Hopefully Thursday can stay above $18 million. That would be a great setup for an epic showdown against Inside Out.

What epic showdown? IO wont come within 20 mill of JW.

• Like 1

It's hard to gauge how well this will hold on fathers day. I'd imagine since the demos seem to be skewing older that it will hold well on the day. Down like what, 10%?

If it did 18m for Thursday, and lets say it increase 70% on Friday, 30% on Saturday, then down 10%. 70/30 seem pretty standard based off the last two years and the type of movie. Not sure if fathers day will affect them at all.

30.5+40+36=106.5m. That is less than 50% drop! :blink: This doesn't even seem like an excessive prediction given the trends...

Avengers was up 70/50 for father day weekend and even better the next weekend.

The only thing I can think of that is wrong may be Thursday. If Wednesday is 20m does a 10% for Thursday seem optimistic? Given the numbers so far, I'm not sure.

• Like 3

It's hard to gauge how well this will hold on fathers day. I'd imagine since the demos seem to be skewing older that it will hold well on the day. Down like what, 10%?

If it did 18m for Thursday, and lets say it increase 70% on Friday, 30% on Saturday, then down 10%. 70/30 seem pretty standard based off the last two years and the type of movie. Not sure if fathers day will affect them at all.

30.5+40+36=106.5m. That is less than 50% drop! :blink: This doesn't even seem like an excessive prediction given the trends...

Avengers was up 70/50 for father day weekend and even better the next weekend.

The only thing I can think of that is wrong may be Thursday. If Wednesday is 20m does a 10% for Thursday seem optimistic? Given the numbers so far, I'm not sure.

Using increases and decreases similar to MOS gives you well over $100M this weekend, but I just don't see it playing like that, not with IO coming in. I'm thinking something around $90 million is a more realistic target.

Using increases and decreases similar to MOS gives you well over $100M this weekend, but I just don't see it playing like that, not with IO coming in. I'm thinking something around $90 million is a more realistic target.

MOS had Monsters University to compete with on 2nd weekend. Why should IO (an original) be more of a threat than this proven classic?

JW will definitely make over $95 this weekend. If it makes less than that, then IO could possibly do 70+, if more, than IO will probably stay at 60 to 65.

I don't see IO doing less than 60 at this point. The WOM hype is stellar right now.

right, but what Pixar movie had to compete with a monster, we all think will make between 85 to 110?