abra

Wednesday Actuals: JW 19.9 [Not the PIXAR thread]

Will the gross of the top 2 films be more or less then the gross of the top 2 films last weekend? That's $225m. A 20% drop from this still gives $180m combined between the top 2 films.

Will the gross of the top 2 films be more or less then the gross of the top 2 films last weekend? That's $225m. A 20% drop from this still gives $180m combined between the top 2 films.

Less, naturally. Seems from most predication that the absolute best case scenario for JW is a bit over 100m. IO isn't don't more than that, so how could it be more Than 225m?

Pretty good number. Although i think 300m in a week is very tough now.

That was always a pretty unrealistic goal.

Just because some people decide to inflate their expectations to unreasonable height, doesn't mean the actual numbers are any less amazing.

• Like 1

What is the quickest to 400 record right now? It would be absolutely amazing if JW could get it by the end of the weekednd.

But even if it won't I'm still pretty sure that record is going down on Monday.

What is the quickest to 400 record right now? It would be absolutely amazing if JW could get it by the end of the weekednd.

But even if it won't I'm still pretty sure that record is going down on Monday.

Avengers in 14 days.

• Like 1

That was always a pretty unrealistic goal.

Just because some people decide to inflate their expectations to unreasonable height, doesn't mean the actual numbers are any less amazing.

Yeah, I think a mid-July release would have done the trick. 295ish in mid-June is incredible.

Less, naturally. Seems from most predication that the absolute best case scenario for JW is a bit over 100m. IO isn't don't more than that, so how could it be more Than 225m?

Yeah, I kind of answered my own question. It has zero chance of increasing.

It would be interesting to see what the worst drop in the total number for the top 10 has been for this weekend.

What's the fastest to $1 billion worldwide?  JW could do it in 10 days...

It depends on when do you fix the start day. JW was released in China on Wednesday 10th. So we would be on day 12th by Sunday And it will not get the billion on Sunday.

As keyser said, the weekdays have been too strong for it to do 100 mill 2nd weekend. Im hoping for 90 mill.

You could also spin it the other way: Wasn't the OW too big for the epic weekdays? There are no rules for movies like these.

This could very well do 100m with father's day leaving sunday flat. 

• Like 2