#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I'm really curious to see how IO plays Sunday. If it's a girl-driven movie it'll probably drop off a bit, maybe 20-22%, but would then play beautifully throughout the week. 

For now I'll say--

30m OD

28.4m Saturday (+8% from Fri without previews) 

22.4m Sunday (-21%) 

80.8m weekend

• Like 3

If it's poised to open really big then colour me surprised. I haven't heard a single person talk about Inside Out, either online or offline, so I didn't think there was much hype/excitement for the movie.

It was the most anticipated movie on this forum.

It was the most anticipated movie on this forum.

This forum was the first and only place where I heard about Inside Out. All the positive reactions actually got me interested in seeing the movie on opening day here - whenever that is.

If it's poised to open really big then colour me surprised. I haven't heard a single person talk about Inside Out, either online or offline, so I didn't think there was much hype/excitement for the movie.

Nothing is happening offline here yet as we still have to wait 5 weeks for its UK release.

I'm really curious to see how IO plays Sunday. If it's a girl-driven movie it'll probably drop off a bit, maybe 20-22%, but would then play beautifully throughout the week. 

For now I'll say--

30m OD

28.4m Saturday (+8% from Fri without previews) 

22.4m Sunday (-21%) 

80.8m weekend

Your Sunday drop on Father's day is crazy. 

Your Sunday drop on Father's day is crazy. 

Is it? He gave it a very similar drop to How To Train Your Dragon 2, which also opened on Father's Day weekend last year.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=howtotrainyourdragon2.htm

Animation doesn't seem to play quite as strong on Father's Day as the "guy movie" action stuff.

• Like 2

Is it? He gave it a very similar drop to How To Train Your Dragon 2, which also opened on Father's Day weekend last year.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=howtotrainyourdragon2.htm

Animation doesn't seem to play quite as strong on Father's Day as the "guy movie" action stuff.

That is a huge blow in my prediction of IO going over 90M. Still, 80M+ is gonna happen.

LORD KEITH JUST WROTE THIS MASTERFUL TITLE ON THE WEEKEND PREDICTIONS ARTICLE ON BOM THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS:

'Inside Out' 'Jurassic' In

Edited by CJohn