kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

Also, who woulda thought

Out of all the video game movies they've made. 3 Tomb Raiders, Assassins Creed, Warcraft, a shitton of Resident Evil etc etc etc

The best reviewed ones would be RAMPAGE, ANGRY BIRDS, and a Tomb Raider REBOOT

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also, who woulda thought

Out of all the video game movies they've made. 3 Tomb Raiders, Assassins Creed, Warcraft, a shitton of Resident Evil etc etc etc

The best reviewed ones would be RAMPAGE, ANGRY BIRDS, and a Tomb Raider REBOOT

Rampage isn't exactly being sold as a video game movie which is its advantage over titles with more known names. 

Interestingly, WB owns Rampage because of their acquisition of Midway a couple of years ago so they don't even have to pay any profits to a video game developer unlike with Tomb Raider which was licensed by Square Enix

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Rampage isn't exactly being sold as a video game movie which is its advantage over titles with more known names. 

Interestingly, WB owns Rampage because of their acquisition of Midway a couple of years ago so they don't even have to pay any profits to a video game developer unlike with Tomb Raider which was licensed by Square Enix

It’s funny but you are totally right that this film’s complete lack of any discernible link to the game (I mean in how it’s marketed, not that it doesn’t have some basis in the game) or that most people have no idea it is based on a game is quite frankly, probably to its benefit.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, kowhite said:

It’s funny but you are totally right that this film’s complete lack of any discernible link to the game (I mean in how it’s marketed, not that it doesn’t have some basis in the game) or that most people have no idea it is based on a game is quite frankly, probably to its benefit.

I agree, they've made many changes from the game but no one cares because Rampage the game wasn't that popular to begin with.

I suspect if Rampage is successful, WB will probably be looking at other Midway IP to adapt, I know they're developing Mortal Kombat but Spy Hunter could work as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I agree, they've made many changes from the game but no one cares because Rampage the game wasn't that popular to begin with.

I suspect if Rampage is successful, WB will probably be looking at other Midway IP to adapt, I know they're developing Mortal Kombat but Spy Hunter could work as well.

Ha Spy Hunter.  Starring The Rock.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Yeah. There was a game tie in starring him that did actually come out too

Yup, because he was tied to a movie.  Directed by John Woo!  But, they just made a game nobody but you and me remembers.  Yeah, The Rock doesn’t remember.  But we do.

yeah really not sure why there are no reviews yet. Okay maybe reviews are crap but bad reviews is better than no reviews. I thought for quite a while this would open close to Kong Skull Island but those hopes are pretty much crushed now. I mean my local IMAX has sold 4 tickets for opening night tomorrow...

need a WWW thread already? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

WB better get the reviews out there quick or this is going to have a chance of underperfoming.  Tracking isn't great and pre-sales don't look great either.  

It is going to have to be a huge walk up movie.  

This is the first movie in awhile I haven’t been able to buy tickets for ahead of time. There’s only showtimes on Thursday night for all the theatres around me(just north of Toronto). I want to get tickets for Saturday but they still aren’t listed. 

9 hours ago, kowhite said:

Yup, because he was tied to a movie.  Directed by John Woo!  But, they just made a game nobody but you and me remembers.  Yeah, The Rock doesn’t remember.  But we do.

I owned the game and loved playing it :P 

10 hours ago, kowhite said:

I think I still have the game lying around