Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

I am here ready and waiting for some T5 and MMXXL numbers.

It's 220 on the west coast.  Settle in for a while.

• Like 1

It's 220 on the west coast.  Settle in for a while.

It is almost 10:30 PM over here :lol: By this time on a Friday we already have 9854 sites giving us Friday AND Weekend estimates :lol:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

10:26 PM. Go to sleep. The numbers are going to be boring anyway.

I hope T5 doesn't do the boring 50M 5 day total. That would be super boring. Either bomb spectacularly or break out. Same with MMXXL.

It's a deadly gamble to bet against Pixar with a gun to your head. RIP

The same Pixar that got stomped on for 2 weekends in a row by a movie that released a week before it? Edited by scoobysaurus

with the Jurassic World sized advertising campaign for Terminator, I still hope the minimum it does excluding Tuesday previews is 3,000 per location opening day.  ($3,000)(3,758) = 11.27.  Add in Thurs, and opening day is 13.57. 

The same Pixar that got stomped on for 2 weekends in a row by a movie that released a week before it?

That film that got "stomped on" is about to be their second highest grossing film out of 15.

Yup. It got "stomped" alright.

So Bauer how's your Canada day going? I wanted to see T5 but I'm in the parade this afternoon dressed as a Minion (for work of course) and then were watching the fireworks from my cousins boat tonight.

• Like 1

Good point and that could have been 300,000-700,000 difference in pre show sales.

Yep, if we account for between 10-12% of the box office, then you can add maybe another 3-400K to the gross.

The dinos and a bunch of feelings are gonna terminate Arnold. Not sure where the male strippers will fall between this mess but my box office sense is feeling a Ted 2 in the making.

• Like 1

Of the four biggest movies playing this weekend, there's no reason IO won't have the best Saturday hold. Up and Ice Age 3 in 2009 dropped 31-34% on Saturday. Transformers dropped 41% and the female-driven films dropped 45%. 

Of the four biggest movies playing this weekend, there's no reason IO won't have the best Saturday hold. Up and Ice Age 3 in 2009 dropped 31-34% on Saturday. Transformers dropped 41% and the female-driven films dropped 45%. 

Btu JW has been having ridiculosu Saturdays.....I think it might hold really well.

• Like 2