WrathOfHan

Tuesday Actuals: Minions 16.84 | IO 3.29 | JW 2.79 (Page 8)

2.8 would prob be the better #,  Minions could look to hit 17,  IO 3.3, JP4 2.8 

Canada as usual big tues increase,  NYC went ballistic on tues with number films as did few other markets, LA had some bumps to but not to extent of NYC 

17m.

tumblr_nr9yw1HWLH1rmcdwgo1_500.gif

• Like 6

2.8 would prob be the better #,  Minions could look to hit 17,  IO 3.3, JP4 2.8 

Canada as usual big tues increase,  NYC went ballistic on tues with number films as did few other markets, LA had some bumps to but not to extent of NYC

Holy fuuuuuuuuck at those Minion numbers.

• Like 2

But just wait, it's gonna take a tumble after the third weekend! WOM is gonna kick in any minute now!

LOL.

Amazing number for Minions, plus it's nice to see everything go up like this. Hope JW can somehow manage 600m by Thursday.

• Like 4

That would take a massive gross in China to do that. :D

Also...AOU opened at $191M and Minions only opened at $115M. So it's not that easy...the lower it opens, the less likely it could get there.

I'm kidding. Or at least kidding unless it does like 75m+ this weekend.

Great news for Universal. FF7 came back up to 3rd place WW.

Excellent news for F7 and Uni.

It's going to get even better for them soon once #3 and #4 all time WW are both Universal movies. Heck, maybe even #5 IF Minions can outgross AOU!! Going to be very tough but Uni is still going to have 3 1b grosses in one year nevertheless. Crazy!

• Like 3

Excellent news for F7 and Uni.

It's going to get even better for them soon once #3 and #4 all time WW are both Universal movies. Heck, maybe even #5 IF Minions can outgross AOU!! Going to be very tough but Uni is still going to have 3 1b grosses in one year nevertheless. Crazy!

Yeah. This is Universal's direct message to Disney.

And Universal would say.."This is our year now! And nothing can stop us."

• Like 2

They probably added an extra 1M for OS. Again....some late BO-updates for older movies can actually happen anytime.

But it hasn't been playing anywhere in years... Has it?

IDK, I wouldn't doubt it if this was not BOM with their constant mistakes... But it is.

ETA: I guess it could possibly be explained by Avengers marathons with AOU's release. Maybe.

Still I'd wait for official word from Universal because I don't trust BOM anymore.

Edited by JennaJ

IDK, I wouldn't doubt it if this was not BOM with their constant mistakes... But it is.

It's not that weird. DH2's OS number was updated with almost 20m a year ago or so.

I know...but studios sometimes do update the OS gross of a blockbuster to a higher gross, when they need it..even if it doesn't play in theaters DOM.

Paramount did that with TF4, numerous times.

Even Disney did that with The Lion King. That film was updated to $987M WW, in the close end of 2013.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Minions won't have near the legs DM2 had. At some point, the mediocre to poor word of mouth will have an effect. But not until everyone who wants to see those little yellow guys has seen it once. But it will eventually have an effect. DM3 will be hugely effected because the movie just didn't quite match the insane hype. Unless it gets very good reviews so that people know it is more of what they loved about the original, it's BO will go down from Minions.