grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

According to a few tweets, they are having a press screening tonight at the arclight In LA.

so, I guess all press screenings aren’t held until Tuesday. the reviews lifting Wednesday is a bit iffy, but I was under the impression they weren’t having any showings at all until then. 

Edited by MinivanofTrash

3 hours ago, cookie said:

The top one's not from the movie...

3 hours ago, stealthyfrog said:

How did the channel for the top video get a rip of the soundtrack months before release? Are you sure it isn't fan-made?

It seems that's what it is.

That's slightly uplifting, though I'm not betting on the soundtrack release Wednesday continuing in that upward direction. I wasn't impressed with what I heard in the trailers.

1 hour ago, Welfin said:

FLOP!

1. Work for a day.

2. Use the earned money to buy a dictionary.

3. Use your newly acquired dictionary to check the meanings of words before trying to use them for written communication.

4. This will help.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MinivanofTrash said:

According to a few tweets, they are having a press screening tonight at the arclight In LA.

so, I guess all press screenings aren’t held until Tuesday. the reviews lifting Wednesday is a bit iffy, but I was under the impression they weren’t having any showings at all until then. 

Probably because the U.S. premiere is on Tuesday in LA. Though that doesn't always mean much: for example, Ma had its premiere in LA this week more than two weeks before release and as far as I know nobody has actually seen it yet.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, harsh3090416 said:

Do we have kind of OW tracking for Aladdin yet? or are we waiting for the RT scores and review to come out? 

OW tracking a few weeks ago was $70M-$90M 4 Day.

8 hours ago, I Am said:

Yesterday night, I watched all the trailers and clips with a friend and our expectations dropped even lower. ☹️ I was excited about "Beauty and the Beast" (my first Disney remake) and then saw it and immediately my outlook at the future of this direction they're heading towards soured.

Psttt, hey psst

The One Jump Ahead is a cover of the Broadway version. it's not the movie version. 

There's a TV spot/ad on Facebook and Twitter that actually has soundbites of the song and it doesn't sound like that.......at all.

This is the real version

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Thanks 1

OMG, when will they finally release the OST??!!

This snippet here, though so small and low quality, is still much better than the original song - and shows all the songs in the new movie will be absolute gems. They be crazy to NOT showcase them like that!!

I can definitely see the Shay now seeing this TEN times for the songs alone - and swaying, dancing and clapping in his seat while he does that! :)

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

1. Work for a day.

2. Use the earned money to buy a dictionary.

3. Use your newly acquired dictionary to check the meanings of words before trying to use them for written communication.

4. This will help.

Unfortunately, a dictionary will not help this movie's profitablity. Only reversing time and stopping Guy Ritchie from being a filmmaker may prevent this disaster.

(The producers of King Arthur Legend of the Sword would also appreciate it)

36 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

i can't get over how much mena massoud sounds exactly like the guy who did the singing for aladdin in the original animated movie. are we sure they didn't just bring him back to sing all his parts again?

Only difference is the guy whom sang for Aladdin can actually sing and didn't have to be autotuned. Can't say the same for anybody in this cast.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Welfin said:

Unfortunately, a dictionary will not help this movie's profitablity. Only reversing time and stopping Guy Ritchie from being a filmmaker may prevent this disaster.

Arthur is a flop. Understandably and expectedly.

Aladdin can NEVER be a flop. Even if it was a bad movie - and it is actually a fantastic one.

So go call Endgame a flop. It will be just as true, so no difference there - but I'll like you much better. :)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Only difference is the guy whom sang for Aladdin can actually sing and didn't have to be autotuned. Can't say the same for anybody in this cast.

Naomi is actually a fantastic singer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Look when what you have to say about the a live action of arguably one of the Disney Renaissance's most beloved films is "pretty good" or "meh" then that is not a good sign.

Or that your enjoyment of it was driven by lowered expectations, while people have high expectations for The Lion King.

59 minutes ago, Welfin said:

I don’t want to erase his entire filmography. Just the stuff like King Arthur and his vanity project with Madonna.

Fellas, it is time that the Shay raises up a tent in front of his best local cinema to wait for Aladdin opening (on Thursday).

I've always had it pegged second best for the whole year (and this year looked magnificent):

1. Alita

2. Aladdin

3. Star Wars 9

4. Terminator 6

5. The Lion King

and so on. Alita didn't disappoint at all, so it seems the Shay was pretty spot on this whole time! :) Time for the next portion of 2019 cinematic bliss.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

@Alli any screening reactions from yesterday?

Genuinely curious to see how this turns out lol 

Also FWIW, I had a family gathering of sorts this weekend and several of my family members said this movie doesn’t look good but they’re going to watch it no matter what because they love Aladdin. I know it’s anecdotal but something to think about.