grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Fallen Kingdom was good though. Tons of movies I disliked made money. But does that means Minions is better than Kubo? Certainly not.

Oh, no doubt. Fallen Kingdom is good, personally. It’s just a comparison since both are $1B+ WW-grossing hits. And i pity those who thought JW:FK wasn’t gonna be a huge $1.3B-grossing movie that it ended up being anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

I agree, $100m dom total does look achievable.

$100M has to be achievable...even Solo put up $103M 4 day on its way to $213M DOM...

Now, whether Aladdin achieves it is another story...if it doesn't, $200M DOM will be in question...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tentatek said:

I remember BATB were in the 90s or high 80s during opening weekend. Critics were raving about it.

Then the scores took a tumble as more and more people got to see it. Esp late reviewers giving it a rotten score (which it deserves). 

What you're describing sounds more like Fantastic Beasts 1. That was at 100% 5 days before release, 85% the day before release and didn't dip to 75% until about two weeks after it opened.

At no point was BatB ever that high. It started at a 60%, tumbled down to 40%, then crept its way back up until it peaked at 79% (all this happened in the first day of the embargo lifting). Afterwards it started to shift slowly towards the high 60/low 70 range that it's at now, and it was at 68% on opening day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alli said:

FK and BATB are both bland and insipid. I'm surprised BATB inspires so much vitriol. The movie is inoffensive.

Lol they marketed BatB live action like it invented feminism and LGBT representation. It deserves its vitriol for that alone.

• Like 2

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

Lol they marketed BatB live action like it invented feminism and LGBT representation. It deserves its vitriol for that alone.

Disney's dick-measuring over its half-assed LGBT representation is annoying. They did it again with Endgame, too.

• Like 8

Disney's dick-measuring over its half-assed LGBT representation is annoying. They did it again with Endgame, too.
Call me blind, but I missed LGBT representation in Endgame, if there was any(?)

Lähetetty minun SM-A520F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Just now, ttr said:

I didn't even notice it until I read about it after. That's how minor it was, yet look how much of a big deal the Russos made of it. Lmao. What a joke.

2 minutes ago, ttr said:

Anthony (or Joe? I don’t know which is which) Russo played a gay guy at the talk circle in the beginning with Captain America.

• Like 1

I didn't even notice it until I read about it after. That's how minor it was, yet look how much of a big deal the Russos made of it. Lmao. What a joke.
Indeed. Hadn't heard about the "openly gay character" stuff before, thanks for pointing it out.

7 minutes ago, Royce said:

Why is everyone in this thread literally ppl who hate disney live action films?

Can y'all gtfo and go to the franchise war thread or something?

Sick of seeing your toxicity

Gonna be the same story with The Lion King.

12 minutes ago, Royce said:

If this was the Shazam! thread and someone kept shitting on BvS or JL or the Endgame thread, but all the complaints were about Ultron, it’d be annoying too and people would be called trolls for stirring the pot. But because it’s a live action remake, all bets are off and it’s okay.

Not saying people can’t state their opinion or criticize the movies, but doing so repeatedly when the same opinion has been thoroughly emphasized for the past 2 years is lame. Post about Aladdin and compare to BatB ‘17 if you want, then move on.

Everyone keeps complaining about Lordmandeep and his TLJ hate, which got old fast, but they don’t realize they do the same thing to certain movies.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

What do BVS and JL have to do with BATB? Nothing. Weird comparison.

But you bring them up a lot lol 

I thought both Justice League and even BVS were far, far better than the Beauty and the Beast remake. Because, again, quality is subjective 

You and 1% other folks probably think that. I love all comic book films and those sucked big time. Suicide Squad was better than both and it was average.

1 hour ago, Royce said:

Well, the toxicity of those who are not thrileed with the live reamkes of classic animated films sort of balances the mindless worship of them by the Disney fanboys.

And I have not seen much hate for the whole series of films; it's just that Aladdin does not look very good at this point.

And I see we have another fanboy who is used to fan sites where nothing critical is allowed.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1