grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

28 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Everytime this movie seems to take one step forward in hope, you hear something that takes it back two steps. Not sure how much more they can do to shatter hopes.

What did you hear?

All I am seeing is lots of positives tweets coming out of another screening this morning from UK writers.

It’s weird they are not having any press screenings for the US press until Tuesday. 

Edited by MinivanofTrash
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Of course he says racist stuff, I never take him seriously. 😛 

He's also said homophobic stuff before and implied that the working class is filled with idiots once. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

He's also said homophobic stuff before and implied that the working class is filled with idiots once. 

He certainly represents the worst of us. 😂 He should make one big apology post. 😂

But yeah, as someone who is a huge supporter of LGBT rights and anti racist, I wouldn’t worry about him. :) 

Yesterday night, I watched all the trailers and clips with a friend and our expectations dropped even lower. ☹️ I was excited about "Beauty and the Beast" (my first Disney remake) and then saw it and immediately my outlook at the future of this direction they're heading towards soured.

Compare the above with the original...

The new one just doesn't compare. It doesn't have the same energy and it sounds like Massoud can't keep up with the pace of the music.

And what in the world is... this

If the in-film version is comparable to this poor rendition......

These remakes have two big issues. The first problem is they're not appealing to the "Baby Shark" generation. How many ten year old randomly hum the song "Belle" from the "Beauty and the Beast?" How any of them even know the lyrics to "Beauty and the Beast?" In one ear (week) and out the other. The second problem is that these movies are equally supposed to appeal to us who grew up with them, but the quality of those films is second-to-none and you're not going to satisfy nostalgia with inferior remakes. If I'm going to sit down and watch "Beauty and the Beast" - it's going to be the original, every time, not the new one.

Edited by I Am

11 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I can't imagine this making less than Solo over 4 days, but I guess I have to start imagining it. What a shame!

I can see it making that amount, but waiting to see how the reviews + marketing push over the final stretch the next week is. At the very least there's no way this is opening less than Pirates 5 did two years ago like some people have speculated - opened to nearly $80M over the holiday and who wanted to actually see that movie?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can see it making that amount, but waiting to see how the reviews + marketing push over the final stretch the next week is. At the very least there's no way this is opening less than Pirates 5 did two years ago like some people have speculated - opened to nearly $80M over the holiday and who wanted to actually see that movie?

🤷🏻‍♀️

People/fans who loved and still loves Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. 💁🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

If you told me a couple years ago after seeing Jungle Book open to 100m and Beauty and the Beast to 174m that Aladdin is tracking to pull in sub 100m over Memorial Weekend I would’ve laughed. Aladdin has always been a fan favorite amongst people my age (27) and that might be actually one of the things hurting it. Everyone is going in with the notion that Robin Williams genie cannot he matched. It’s definitely one of the more iconic characters that Disney has. That kind of iconic resonance can be a detractor because this remake is already seen as inferior.

I hope I’m wrong and it does well. But we saw Disney pay the price for stretching Star Wars beyond the saturation point with Solo. With Dumbo and now Aladdin, it looks like their live action remakes could be following a similar fate. Lion King will do gangbusters to make up for it though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blackspider said:

If you told me a couple years ago after seeing Jungle Book open to 100m and Beauty and the Beast to 174m that Aladdin is tracking to pull in sub 100m over Memorial Weekend I would’ve laughed.

Always felt has an hard one to pull off + strange director choice to me too.

2 hours ago, I Am said:

Yesterday night, I watched all the trailers and clips with a friend and our expectations dropped even lower. ☹️ I was excited about "Beauty and the Beast" (my first Disney remake) and then saw it and immediately my outlook at the future of this direction they're heading towards soured.

The new one just doesn't compare. It doesn't have the same energy and it sounds like Massoud can't keep up with the pace of the music.

The top one's not from the movie...

Edited by cookie

2 hours ago, I Am said:

And what in the world is... this

If the in-film version is comparable to this poor rendition......

These remakes have two big issues. The first problem is they're not appealing to the "Baby Shark" generation. How many ten year old randomly hum the song "Belle" from the "Beauty and the Beast?" How any of them even know the lyrics to "Beauty and the Beast?" In one ear (week) and out the other. The second problem is that these movies are equally supposed to appeal to us who grew up with them, but the quality of those films is second-to-none and you're not going to satisfy nostalgia with inferior remakes. If I'm going to sit down and watch "Beauty and the Beast" - it's going to be the original, every time, not the new one.

How did the channel for the top video get a rip of the soundtrack months before release? Are you sure it isn't fan-made?