grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

maybe they need to release the A Whole New World scene or something to create positive buzz. it's just the two of them sitting on a carpet and singing, how hard could that be to mess up? i'm sure ritchie found a way.

Ritchie is great at making crime thrillers, but I always thought he was a terrible choice for this material.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Well, there are a couple of Iranians, that I can see... ?  😁

I'm not striving for accuracy...quite the opposite.  I'm saying...they could have starred it up a bit, relatively.

Way back when the first HarryHausen Sinbad movie came out...in 1959 (The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad) one critic wrote "One problem is that the leads look are Arabian as Apple Pie".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Why would they do that? They are in the business of franchise movies at this point. Acquired Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, X-Men, & Avatar for that purpose. 

Oh I dunno...cause hopefully someone making decisions gives a shit about originality. 

• Thanks 1

I think the problem with genie is that he looks too human (?!) and he looks buff...like he hit the gym a few too many times. and it's just weird. also will smith is doing his big willie schitck. his version of genie is just will smith big willie style. at least from what they've showed thus far

Edited by Alli

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Ofc Disney knows they have a bad product. That's why they've been so shy with genie and other things.

And they have it in the Memorial Day slot which is now more of a "dud" spot than a mega event spot like it was 20 years ago. Pretty crazy how much that has changed in the last 10 years or so. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Oh I dunno...cause hopefully someone making decisions gives a shit about originality. 

In all honesty, Disney has never been especially interested in being completely original. Most of their successful animated films are adaptations of already existing fairy tales and books. Even The Lion King, despite technically being an original film, takes a lot of inspiration from Hamlet. 

With that being said, I’m definitely not a fan of these remakes. 

• Like 1