Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Yea I know.  I just like to give the Potter loonies a hard time.

yas! dear hp comrades, we have baumer on record. have taken a screenshot. backing it up in 2 hard-drives.

• Like 1

Pre-emptive Moderation Note: True Detective Season 2 gifs will be moved to the True Detective thread when they are posted if determined that they are derailing the weekend numbers thread.

what about jpegs?

It's got a better chance than The Martian. The marketing has been a major effort in the vein of a tent-pole film and has done a good job aiming to several demos. It's advertised as a straight forward true event survival story of the most publicly infatuated mountain in the world. And they're marketing t as something you should see in theaters for the scope. Also we will be pretty deprived of any big new releases by then. It should be time for one. It still needs to have great WOM though to get to 200, never going to get there just off of OW.

Martian has the best and only chance at $200 million+ DOM for this fall. 

Everest has too much going against it

MR2 and Black Mass the week before 

The Walk, Sicario and The Martian all stealing adult audiences the two weeks after 

Crimson Peak taking its screens in its later run 

Anything over $60 million would be a big win for Everest. And Universal has had such a gigantic BO year that they could just flatout decide to not release the rest of their slate in theaters and be the highest grossing studio by a large margin  :lol:

This fall is looking more well-rounded, though.

I count 11 Sep-Oct releases with a solid chance at $60 million+ DOM if everything goes smooth this fall. 

1. Black Mass
  2. Maze Runner 2
  3. Hotel Transylvania 2
  4. The Martian
  5. Steve Jobs 
  6. Pan
  7. The Walk 
  8. Bridge of Spies
  9. Goosebumps
  10. Crimson Peak 
  11. Suffragette 

I completely agree, 100M would be great for The Martian. However I do think it has the scope for much higher targets if everything goes very well.

Exactly. If anything from now until Spectre has a serious shot at $200 million+ DOM, it's The Martian. But $120-140 million DOM is far more reasonable - especially since there's 7-8 films with a shot at $80 million+ DOM this fall. 

Edited by mahnamahna

Also, wasn't this movie supposed to be released on June 19? I wonder if they delayed it because of the reshoots.

(Although I can't imagine how low this would have went coming the weekend off Jurassic World)

Hmmm, starting to wondering if the re-shots.... might have blown up the budget of seemingly $120m t0 $122m (Hollywood Reporter)

Pre-emptive Moderation Note: True Detective Season 2 gifs will be moved to the True Detective thread when they are posted if determined that they are derailing the weekend numbers thread.

So what you're saying is....

tumblr_nsiffgFbg91rud800o3_400.gif

• Like 5

But Pokemon gifs are perfectly allowed right?

Unless Fantastic Four surges on the WC at night (doubt that because of the terrible WOM), it may not even get to $50M domestically at this point. According to RTH, it is doing terrible in Australia. If Australia's a good indicator, it will bomb in most countries.