Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

My main sources of interest until The Martian comes out are probably going to be the D23 announcements and Film Festival reactions

I am not expecting much from D23. 

Visualisation for the BOs of

MI4 & MI5, Ant-Man & Thor, FF (1015)

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Ant-Man/Mission-Impossible-Rogue-Nation/Thor/Mission-Impossible-IV/Fantastic-Four-%282015%29

btw, per day-to-day comparison MI5 surpassed Ant-Man today, but as some here said MI5 might be a 'weekend-performer' that might change during the week again. Wait and see ;)

MI5 will outgross Ant-Man but both of them will end below Pitch Perfect 2. Edited by grim22

I am not expecting much from D23. 

I guess that depends on what "much" means. First Finding Dory footage, probably some more details on The Good Dinosaur (hoping for some elaboration on the soundtrack), plus whatever Pixar's got planned for the next 2-3 years after that. That's enough to get me hyped.

The Man from UNCLE

American Ultra

MR: Scorch Trials

The Martian

Spectre

The Good Dinosaur

Mockingjay Part 2

In The Heart of the Sea

The Hateful Eight

SW: Force Awakens

Pretty much the only films that interest me for the rest of the year. August was great last year but it was due to GOTG's amazing run. Hopefully UNCLE and Compton can bring life to August.

Straight Outta Compton 

Black Mass 

Everest

Hotel Transylvania 2

The Walk

Sicario

The Martian

Steve Jobs

Bridge of Spies

Goosebumps

The Peanuts Movie

Mockingjay Part 2 

The Good Dinosaur

Creed 

In the Heart of the Sea

Star Wars Episode VII

Sisters

Joy

The Revenant

The Hateful Eight 

The Gift straight up won the weekend. 12 not only shows an insane amount of growth over what tracking had it at, its IM indicates that it won't play like a summer horror movie or a Blumhouse pic. I wonder if 50 mil is on the table.

Great for MI5 too. Hope UNCLE doesn't do much damage.

UNCLE is looking at a $15-20 million OW, so I doubt it'll hurt MI5 if F4's $26 million debut didn't hurt Ant-Man. MI5 should get $16-17 million next weekend even with UNCLE as direct competition. MI5 is already showing great WOM from its sub-50% 2nd weekend drop. Should be able to hold 35-45% next weekend as long as UNCLE doesn't break out too much. 

Compton's the bigger threat - it has potential to do $50 million+ OW. UNCLE would be doing phenomenal with F4's $26 million OW considering how lackluster the last few weekends have been. 

It's doing slightly less than Southpaw, so I doubt it can reach 50. 40 is definitely on the table.

But unlike Southpaw, the reviews are great and competition has pretty much died off  :lol: Compton and UNCLE may only combine to $55-60 million next weekend, and the holdovers may only do another $45-50 million.

However, Sinister 2 will prevent a 4x IMO. $35-40 million is a good range for it. 

OS markets left for IO

THAILAND

INDONESIA

PHILIPPINES

MALAYSIA

NORWAY

DENMARK

SINGAPORE

FINLAND

SWEDEN

GREECE

ITALY

GERMANY

CHINA

And still having a nice leggy run in a lot of current markets.

Doing nicely for a non sequel animation overseas.

• Like 1

I guess that depends on what "much" means. First Finding Dory footage, probably some more details on The Good Dinosaur (hoping for some elaboration on the soundtrack), plus whatever Pixar's got planned for the next 2-3 years after that. That's enough to get me hyped.

Not excited at all about Zootopia or Moana? :wacko:

Yeah, I don't care about any of that :lol: But good for you and Pixar fanboys. 

Words do not even describe what an embarrassing failure Fantastic Four is. It's like re-living the release of Batman & Robin, except this case might be even worse.

There are 8 years between B&R and BB. 7 years is almost the same, and that is the most FOX can wait until releasing another FF movie :lol: 

I guess that depends on what "much" means. First Finding Dory footage, probably some more details on The Good Dinosaur (hoping for some elaboration on the soundtrack), plus whatever Pixar's got planned for the next 2-3 years after that. That's enough to get me hyped. Not excited at all about Zootopia or Moana? :wacko:
I am, but Moana's a ways away and I think Zootopia's going to be more of a comedy driven film so I'm not as keen on prying over every single character design or environment concept art Edited by tribefan695

Still don't understand why jw made the money it made. I liked it, but I didn't think it was as universally loved as much as say TDK or the Avengers, or the Cameron movies.

I think people forget that  comic book movies as popular as they are do have limits to their audiences unlike a simplistic fun summer blockbuster. 

• Like 1