Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Also, wasn't this movie supposed to be released on June 19? I wonder if they delayed it because of the reshoots.

I thought it was pushed back two months right after GOTG broke out, with the hope it would do the same. (And didn't WB also slot Suicide Squad for the first weekend of August not long after GOTG came out?)

I thought it was pushed back two months right after GOTG broke out, with the hope it would do the same. (And didn't WB also slot Suicide Squad for the first weekend of August not long after GOTG came out?)

FF would have bombed just as badly no matter when it was released.

Nobody would answer me, was season 1 that much different on that front ?

Being real; in season 1 only one character talks like that, and it suits him cos everyone else in the show thinks he's a fucking weirdo and mcconaughey is good enough to pull it off. in season 2 most people talk like that (I guess because rust's dialogue in season 1 was pretty popular) and they can't pull it off and it doesn't really suit half the characters to boot.

Edited by cooliod1
  • Like 3

Nobody would answer me, was season 1 that much different on that front ?

A fair amount, yes. While Rust would go on spiels that no normal human being would say, it made sense within context of the character. The writing is far more polished in Season 1 than 2 having just rewatched it.

• Like 2

Yeah, in Season 1 it was like "look how weird MMc's character is". In Season 2 it's like "watch these characters be all weird while everyone acts like it's normal"

• Like 1

Being real; in season 1 only one character talks like that, and it suits him cos everyone else in the show thinks he's a fucking weirdo and mcconaughey is good enough to pull it off. in season 2 most people talk like that (I guess because rust's dialogue in season 1 was pretty popular) and they can't pull it off and it doesn't really suit half the characters to boot.

Thanks, I ve seen bits of Season 1 with Matthew and all I heard him say was lines in the vein of your season 2 gifs.

Yeah, in Season 1 it was like "look how weird MMc's character is".

tumblr_n2c48fPJrw1qh01r8o1_500.gif

• Like 6

With a $6.8 million actual Fri, I don't see how it finishes above $55 million DOM with its toxic WOM  :lol:

It'll end up being a worse bomb than Tomorrowland somehow...

That's doubtful, for no other reason then Tomorrowland cost 60 Million more then FF....