CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Avengers made the average person appreciate the fun of comics. Also it was a ground breaking culmination of multiple blockbusters coming together for a single event and it was glorious.

Jurassic World is a third rate Jurassic Park little else. Other than box office it hasn't left much of a mark on cinematic history. And in that regard it will always be in Avatar's shadow.

A "3rd rate Jurassic Park" remake has more box office potential than a "glorious ground breaking culmination of multiple blockbusters coming together for the first time for a single event" :lol:

And Batman was first to get the masses to appreciate the fun of comics.

I think he asked to be banned to avoid being spoiled since he hadn't seen the trailer

I'm banned until December 18 because fuck getting spoiled. I went into the Ant-Man thread just for a quick second the Monday before release and got

Falcon's cameo

spoiled for me thanks to a shitty TV spot.

I will gladly go into Star Wars mostly blind

• Like 3

Sometimes I get super bummed out that users here like to crucify a film simply because it was entertaining.  JW may not be breaking any new boundaries but people, yes every day casual movie goers, enjoyed this film.  So much so that we now have a new 3rd place record holder at the domestic box office.  Why is this a bad thing?  And who are you to say which film is more deserving than another or infer that the people who put it there are dumb for doing so?  

JW set the box office on fire this summer and that alone makes me happy.  A film that opens to over 200 million doesn't get a 3x multiplier JUST because of nostalgia.  The film connected with people.  If you don't like it that's fine.  If it feel short of your expectations so be it.  But don't short change the majority who enjoyed it, supported the movie going we love and get to discuss and then in the same breath belittle them for doing so.  Get over yourself.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 11

That's not too bad for Compton I hope it gets and 20 million for Saturday. But Sunday I'm not sure apparently there's an Ed Sheeran concert coming on NBC tomorrow night but I don't think that's an affect though.

The Compton crowd is gonna be all over dat event.

• Like 11

That's not too bad for Compton I hope it gets and 20 million for Saturday. But Sunday I'm not sure apparently there's an Ed Sheeran concert coming on NBC tomorrow night but I don't think that's an affect though.

Ed Sheeran's target audience is towards female and the younger demographic. Compton's audience skewed older. It won't have that much of an effect. I would predict a 24% Sunday drop but I hope it's lower due to its awesome WOM.

My belated contribution to the worst summer blockbusters...

Easily...Batman & Robin.

Look up the worst blockbuster in the dictionary and that film is the definition. I don't care how much you hate JW, to put it in even the same ballpark as B&R is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 6

:rofl:

Easily...Batman & Robin.

Look up the worst blockbuster in the dictionary and that film is the definition. I don't care how much you hate JW, to put it in even the same ballpark as B&R is beyond my comprehension.

B+R is awful beyond belief. However, my gut instinct right now is I'd rather watch its campy stupidity than JW.

• Like 4

Easily...Batman & Robin.

All I remember about the old Batman movies were the awesome toys McDonald's always had in their happy meals when those movies came out.

• Like 1