Blankments

Split | January 20, 2017 | James McAvoy | Directed by M. Night Shyamalan and Produced by Jason Blum

Late night show.  Decent crowd for a 1115 show on the west coast at this time of year.   Pretty good.  I mean it definitely wasn't that scary but I can see it fitting in the good thriller realm.  Kept me interested and was entertaining the whole time.  Some plot points just left me...empty.  Okay about the spoilers, u gotta be kidding? 

Spoiler

I thought about halfway through the movie that the twist would be Casey, who has these traumatic experiences with her uncle raping her would turn into another "beast" to take down mcavoys beast.  Thought it would've been pretty cool.  Instead, they just drop her off and leave her with her caretaker-the uncle-but I guess you have to assume she will become a beast and kill that pos?  But then Shyam brings in a movie from waaaay back, which a fair portion of the audience might have not seen.  IDK.  I liked it because I really like unbreakable, but that's an after credit scene.  There really was no twist within the actual split movie. 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2017 at 10:07 PM, Talkie said:

Are you planning to see A Dog's Purpose to give a middle finger to all the bleeding heart dog lovers in the world? 

Seeing A Dogs Purpose would be a statement against smear campaigns. Seriously, an edited clip is all we need to totally destroy a movie. It feels like the kind of thing that could happen to any movie and should not be encouraged.

• Like 2