Blankments

Split | January 20, 2017 | James McAvoy | Directed by M. Night Shyamalan and Produced by Jason Blum

9 hours ago, Frozen said:

You're right, we should just stand back and let Hollywood be as offensive as they want to the less privileged members of society that have very little power to stop it. It's not like the mentally ill are highly discriminated against. Not that anyone who uses the term "snowflake" to describe a rightly outraged person would understand that. 

I get what you are saying and I agree with it in general terms, I truly do. But have you seen spoilers for this film? Hell, even the more spoilery tv spots? This movie is pretty obviously dealing with something that can't really happen, it's just silly fantasy.

Spoiler

The guy basically physically becomes a monster, that obviously can't happen in real life. Can this really make anyone with some sense really descriminante against people with multiple personalities? A person has to be quite dim to not see this is just fantasy...

9 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

It's shit like this that got Trump elected

I'm seeing this thrown around more and more and I'm starting to get really nauseated with this sentence. It seems like the kind of catch phrase that can be thrown around to justify pretty much anything. The original meaning of this sentence was pretty much lost once it became just another means to put people's opinions down without really listening to their arguments.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Perhaps, but it's mostly critics from reputable publications, not bloggers. I don't think it'll be changing much

After I saw it tonight, I think it will. Otherwise, people are being very disingenuous.

• Like 2