kayumanggi

THE SNOWMAN | 10.20.17 | Universal | Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson

4 hours ago, The Last baumer said:

Wonder why it's so low.  Looks pretty good to me.

My friend was super hyped for this. He was pretty much stanning for it for months, while also going on about how Geostorm is going to be shit.

Just to add insult to injury, I hope Geostorm gets good reviews now.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My friend was super hyped for this. He was pretty much stanning for it for months, while also going on about how Geostorm is going to be shit.

Just to add insult to injury, I hope Geostorm gets good reviews now.

Geostorm probably will be shit but it’ll be entertaining shit!

5 hours ago, The Last baumer said:

Wonder why it's so low.  Looks pretty good to me.

There is rumors that some money issue cut the Norway shooting short, that they missed 10-15% of what they wanted and that it became a difficult mess to edit a movie out of it.

5 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah, if there's anyone currently who deserves the label "box office poison" it's him.

I have to wonder if Fassbender is not trying too hard to be in a big box office hit, and has Marlon Brando disease..a great actor who is often a lousy judge of scripts.

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

There is rumors that some money issue cut the Norway shooting short, that they missed 10-15% of what they wanted and that it became a difficult mess to edit a movie out of it.

From the reviews, it simply does not have a good script, and that alone is enough to doom a movie.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have to wonder if Fassbender is not trying too hard to be in a big box office hit, and has Marlon Brando disease..a great actor who is often a lousy judge of scripts.

Brando did a lot of things just for the money though not because he was trying to hard to be a box office hit.  He was already a huge star when he did crap.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

From the reviews, it simply does not have a good script, and that alone is enough to doom a movie.

Judging script by looking at the movie is apparently an extremely misleading thing to do, without reading the actual script (the couple of version just before going to the actual production and the one before line producer/budget asked for change) can we really judge it ?

Execution, change on the fly (specially if those rumors are true) editing is such an important part.

For me it wasn't as bad as the RT score indicates, critics probably wouldn't be as harsh without the expectations that come with Alfredson and that cast. But it's not good either. Pretty standar thriller and not nearly as fun as it should be.

Poor Fassbender. 

2 hours ago, Joel M said:

For me it wasn't as bad as the RT score indicates, critics probably wouldn't be as harsh without the expectations that come with Alfredson and that cast. But it's not good either. Pretty standar thriller and not nearly as fun as it should be.

Poor Fassbender. 

Fassbender is overrated and his choice of films isn't all that. Moreover, he has zero boxoffice drawn. 

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Fassbender is overrated and his choice of films isn't all that. Moreover, he has zero boxoffice drawn. 

No one disagrees with the zero boxoffice draw but I don't think his acting skills are overrated. He's really good, I would even say one of the best in his age range, but maybe he is not Hollywood leading man material. That doesn't mean he is not a good actor.

• Like 1