kayumanggi

THE SNOWMAN | 10.20.17 | Universal | Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson

1 hour ago, Joel M said:

No one disagrees with the zero boxoffice draw but I don't think his acting skills are overrated. He's really good, I would even say one of the best in his age range, but maybe he is not Hollywood leading man material. That doesn't mean he is not a good actor.

Machbeth, Magneto and David aside, what other roles he really acted his pants out? Shame was just about being a weird dude showing dick. That's not acting in my opinion. I can do same. And he was seriously miscast in Jobs. 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Machbeth, Magneto and David aside, what other roles he really acted his pants out? Shame was just about being a weird dude showing dick. That's not acting in my opinion. I can do same. And he was seriously miscast in Jobs. 

What is and isn't acting is also a matter of opinion. I'm not the biggest fan of Shame, I actually kinda hate it, but he's very good in it. He's also even better imo in the other two Steve McQueen movies he did, or maybe I think so because I like those movies much more than Shame. I find him good in most movies I ve seen him, both good and bad ones, except the Light between Oceans. That one was embarrasing for everyone involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Machbeth, Magneto and David aside, what other roles he really acted his pants out? Shame was just about being a weird dude showing dick. That's not acting in my opinion.

So much wrong with this it's hard to know where to start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

His great in 12 year's a slave and Fish Tank (and I would disagree with Jobs he was great and that also) , he is always solid.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Fassbender has the same problem as Joaquin Phoenix, not a very likeable screen presence.

He s bound to live in Bad guy in blockbuster/indie purgatory forever.

I agree, except I wouldn't call it Purgatory. Some actors just aren't right as leads in Blockbuster movies. And that's not a slight to me at all.

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Fassbender has the same problem as Joaquin Phoenix, not a very likeable screen presence.

He s bound to live in Bad guy in blockbuster/indie purgatory forever.

Joaquin Phoenix was quite likable in Signs and Walk The Line.  But he's not overly interested in a mainstream career and what comes with it. I'm Still Here was rather career self torpedoing and then he became pickier about the roles he took.  Good interview here: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/t-magazine/joaquin-phoenix.html

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Read a review for this which said that the entire first trailer isn't in the movie. What the hell did they do???

Also, the movie apparently tries to launch a franchise with the final scene according to some twitter comments.

....How the fuck is that even possible?

17 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

....How the fuck is that even possible?

14 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

If this is true, then a possible F cinemascore is happening. People don't like being tricked.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

LMAO THIS IS A DISASTER

also @grim22 could you link the review?

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/snowman-review-val-kilmer-603588

Trying to decipher what went wrong won't be easy without having a long conversation with folk involved in the making of the movie (and they're unlikely to be bluntly honest) but, again, it can be easily pin-pointed to by re-watching the trailer.

00:35 - Fassbender says "A woman was found dead. And her head ... is missing."

00:39 - A fish flops on a frozen lake.

00:43 - Fassbender again "He calls himself The Snowman killer."

00:45 - Actually, forget listing his lines, practically every line of voice-over Fassbender has in the trailer.

01:39 - Fassbender raises his gun at someone disappearing over the peak of a snowy hill.

01:52 - A woman gets her leg caught in a bear-trap.

02:00 - A distorted voice says "You could have saved them. I gave you all the clues."

02:02 - Fassbender is trying to break into a burning building, which then explodes.

Every thing we just listed there? NONE of that happens in the movie.

The official synopsis on IMDB only seems to bear a passing resemblance to the movie about to hit cinemas: When an elite crime squad's lead detective investigates the disappearance of a victim on the first snow of winter, he fears an elusive serial killer may be active again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2