kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Isn’t this the same director that went nuts with the shaky cam in The Hunger Games?

that is the guy who's directing Ocean's 8 lol. this one is the one who went easy on the shakycam and went full IMAX in the sequels

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

Fox must be REALLY confident in the movie. Releasing a spot during Superbowl and lifting the embargo 2 weeks before release?

They must think they have a winner.

This movie could really surprise in the box office.

I read somewhere that fox has no ads this year at superbowl.

13 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I read somewhere that fox has no ads this year at superbowl.

Looks like those reports were false. In FOX's defense they never explicitly stated whether or not they were participating. It seems like sources just assumed they were sitting out since they never said anything.

I knew something was wrong when people said they wouldn't have air time. FOX does SB spots just about every year.

I imagine if they're giving this a SB ad then Deadpool is a possibility as well.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Thanks 1

I hope this is big. Looks great and it's R rated so the more big R hits we get the more they'll make them. 

Jennifer is young and talented. Flops don't kill careers if they are critically well-received movies with praised performance. Joy may not have been as big as hoped and Mother! may have flopped but they got decent enough reviews and Jennifer was praised for both. Her only turkey is Passengers that got critically panned but her performance wasn't. So prophecies of doom are exaggerated. I looked through Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullocks filmographies and they had periods of slump and even some notorious bombs that Jennifer still doesn't (Julia's Mary Reilly, Sandra's  Speed 2 - supposedly those were laughingsticks of their times according to Wiki entries). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

this movie will be a big test for Jen, if this flops, supporting roles in good films?

Lol no. Shes already A List. She can do whatever movie she wants now. A flop wont kill her career. And this will not flop anyway

Edited by Alli
  • Like 2

Just now, stephanos13 said:

If Adam Sandler is still consider A-list actor then Jennifer Lawrence has nothing to worry about.

Not the best example since AS is doing Netflix movies now. I think his brand of comedy is over theatrically. Jlaw is fine tho. No need to worry

8 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

If Adam Sandler is still consider A-list actor then Jennifer Lawrence has nothing to worry about.

Exactly, nothing to worry about. If this flops, Jennifer Lawrence can always play Adam Sandler's wife in his next Netflix movie.

:jeb!: