CJohn

Dora and the Lost City of Gold | August 9, 2019 | Paramount | Live-Action Adaptation | James Bobin directing | Isabela Moner to play Dora

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

Such a weird project. I had to look up this Isabela Moner on IMDB.

Turns out it's the same girl from Transformers The Last Knight. 

Who is pushing her name at casting calls in Hollywood? Please, just stop. Please.

:hahaha::ohmygod:

everyone on this forum was pushing for Moner as Dora. read old posts. :)

Moner is still less pushed than Naomi Scott. 

2 hours ago, AJG said:

They got this grown girl dressed like a literal 5 year old.

The goddamn cartoon grew up out of this. 

Dora-Friends-City.jpg

Well, Dora looked more prettier as a teen. So i’m not surprised that Isabela Moner’s take on the character, looks more closer in age to the animated Teen Dora.

Hope the movie’s quality surprises me in a good way. It can’t be any worse than how Paramount treated the Transformers-franchise.

Never thought I'd be commenting in a Dora The Explorer thread, but gotta say that looks ridiculous. No one dresses like that in 2018. This seems like one of those instances where doing a loose adaptation would actually work better. Get that girl in some Forever 21...

Ps my boys Swiper and Boots better be in this. Get the monkey from Hangover 2, haven't seen him get much work lately.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AJG said:

They got this grown girl dressed like a literal 5 year old.

The goddamn cartoon grew up out of this. 

Dora-Friends-City.jpg

Cartoon child Dora at least kept it to a consistent palette.   No yellow socks and orange shorts to go with a pink top for her.

Derbez - if his role is sizable should probably guarantee at least a $12-15m opening.

10 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Dora the Explorer stars Isabela Moner (Transformers: The Last Knight, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Instant Family) in the film’s title role. Having spent most of her life exploring the jungle with her parents nothing could prepare Dora for the most dangerous adventure ever – High School. Always the explorer, Dora quickly finds herself leading Boots (her best friend, a monkey), Diego, and a rag tag group of teens on a live-action adventure to save her parents and solve the impossible mystery behind a lost Inca civilization.

Seventeen-year-old actress Moner is joined in the film by one of Mexico’s biggest stars, Eugenio Derbez (Overboard, Instructions Not Included, How to Be A Latin Lover), who plays Alejandro, a mysterious jungle inhabitant who tries to protect the teenagers from the marauders. The film also features big screen newcomer Micke Moreno (Escobar: Paradise Lost), in the role of cousin Diego; Nicholas Coombe (Spy Kids: Mission Control, Midnight Sun) as Randy, a fellow high schooler who develops an immediate crush on Dora; Madeleine Madden (Picnic at Hanging Rock, Tidelands) as the school’s snooty class president, Sammy; and Academy Award nominee Adriana Barraza (Babel, Amores Perros, Thor, The 33) as Dora’s grandma, Abuelita Valerie. Temuera Morrison (Green Lantern, Moana) will play the role of Powell. Additional key casting announcements are forthcoming.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/965135-first-dora-the-explorer-movie-photo-as-production-begins#a9gAKZZqKzYbwYQ2.99

So, they are making their parody version of the original series, ala the Nancy Drew story from a few years ago...with the hope that the original audience, now all teens to early 20s, will take to the nostalgia of the movie...

I don't know...they are trying to thread a needle that I don't think is gonna work.  With Walden, it will probably be all earnest and that's not gonna work with this angle and aged cast...I mean, they'd have almost been better off going for a cute 7 year old and just making an earnest live action movie at a small budget...

10 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I hope they go super dark and have the movie reveal Dora is in a mental hospital and was conjuring up the whole adventure in her head

And it turns out Swiper and Boots were the doctors trying to help her the whole time. Dora and the Straitjacket.