Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, That One Guy Has Malaria said:

Considering Ozymandias is the name of a character from Watchmen, something tells me it's either 1. Someone who coincidentally has the same name as him and is a fan of Watchmen or 2. It is him and you're overreacting about these posts.

And that's not even getting into the stalker aspect of knowing what someone posts "around the net".  :jeb!:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I honestly don't get the hate for SM3. People act like it's a bad movie when really it's not. It's just not as good as SM or SM2.

It is miles below the first two, but I've seen it multiple times and get some enjoyment out of it each watch. it's not great by any means, but there are much worse Superhero films. I think I would probably like it better than The Amazing Spider-Man if I watched it again.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mredman said:

i agree. DCEU has more heart imo. There is more adult themes in them. They are basically dramas with Superheroes and action in them. While Marvel is just popcorn movies nothing more so. Star Wars >>>>>DCEU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marvel

If what DC was trying actually worked and they were like esteemed arthouse films. that might actually be true. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BKB LOVES HILLARY said:

The Butler did it comes to mind.. :bourne:Plus, it was sort of hard to suspend disbelief knowing Eric Forman was the Super Villain in this movie.. Now, I enjoyed it and if I recall gave it a good grade at the time, but I could understand some beef with it, but like you said, it was coming off the near perfection of SM2 and that's about the equivalent of TDKR trying to match TDK and that was never going to happen either...

Oh, no! Not you too?!?

11ic9r.jpg

2 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think WB will be pretty happy with ~ $1.5B out of the DCEU this year at the box office.

Yea but unless Warners spend one lump sum for 2 movies ala one of those "back-to-back projects", $1.5B may not be as sweet as what Disney is getting for Captain America Civil War or Finding Dory. BvS cost $250M :ohmygod: and BluRay sales are not that great nowadays even with multiple releases, 3D+extras+toys+shiny covers etc.

They way i see it, you don't have to look to the numbers, more to the reactions to the numbers. Two mayor cases:

(a)If a movie does bad in box office terms, is not going to be continued by a sequel.

(b)If a movie has a sequel, something has work out, or the studio has a good perspective for the film in a near future

So far, WB has green light another DC movie (JLD),  and is already starting the prodution for Flash and Aquaman for 2018. SS and BvS may not look good for us, but if WB is planing 3 more  movies for this universe ...things probably aren't as bad as we belive

Edited by Gustavo
  • Like 1

Us?? There are a ton of people loving these movies. BvS has been a top chart seller on Blu-Ray for over a month now. SS has been at top of the BO for 31 days now and counting. Believe me MANY love DCEU . So this Us thing is just a ridiculous statement when there are people all over the world loving these movies as well. Not all like marvel you know there are a plenty that like that  like DCEU movies more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mredman said:

Us?? There are a ton of people loving these movies. BvS has been a top chart seller on Blu-Ray for over a month now. SS has been at top of the BO for 31 days now and counting. Believe me MANY love DCEU . So this Us thing is just a ridiculous statement when there are people all over the world loving these movies as well. Not all like marvel you know there are a plenty that like that  like DCEU movies more. 

No it hasn't.

• Like 2

He meant it's been #1 or #2 for 31 days. I know people are losing it I guess.. that's the only reason I can begin to understand some of these posts but the DCEU had a very successful year.  You could argue that Batman v. Superman underperformed but it will turn a profit. I'd say it underperformed too but it doesn't matter.  No issue there.  SS is going to be a major win.  Already is.  The studio is extremely happy with that BO performance.

Now this is where someone says "but they need to start making better movies!".  Well,  I would agree if everyone felt the same.  I didn't love SS. In fact, I had a lot of issues with it. That said, it's having strong holds. The WOM is solid. Not great, but solid.  The reviews didn't impact it's performance at all. The target audience (under 25) was very happy with it. In the end, that's all that matters.

Wonder Woman is going to have a big OW also.  People are going crazy over 'The Batman' rumors. DCEU is here to stay.  Some will have to come to terms with that. The rest of us are looking forward to what they do with it.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

He meant it's been #1 or #2 for 31 days. I know people are losing it I guess.. that's the only reason I can begin to understand some of these posts but the DCEU had a very successful year.  You could argue that Batman v. Superman underperformed but it will turn a profit. I'd say it underperformed too but it doesn't matter.  No issue there.  SS is going to be a major win.  Already is.  The studio is extremely happy with that BO performance.

Now this is where someone says "but they need to start making better movies!".  Well,  I would agree if everyone felt the same.  I didn't love SS. In fact, I had a lot of issues with it. That said, it's having strong holds. The WOM is solid. Not great, but solid.  The reviews didn't impact it's performance at all. The target audience (under 25) was very happy with it. In the end, that's all that matters.

Wonder Woman is going to have a big OW also.  People are going crazy over 'The Batman' rumors. DCEU is here to stay.  Some will have to come to terms with that. The rest of us are looking forward to what they do with it.

This is redman, we know he meant #1 and only #1 :lol: 

• Like 3

Wonder Woman will become the first DCEU film to get >60% on RT.

I'm quite certain of this. Period piece, first big Comic Book Movie with a woman in the lead, it would have to suck monkey balls to get below 60% RT. It has everything going for it.

Imagine... if Wonder Woman outgrosses Batman v Superman. Complete insanity. :ohmygod:

• Like 2

That would be pretty crazy but remember GOTG outperformed the Thor movies and Hulk etc..   like household names.   Then Deadpool this year outperformed most comic book films ever.  Harley Quinn has become a huge character. Things are changing. Obviously Batman is still #1 or #2 behind Spider-Man, whichever but other characters have fallen off some, others have stepped in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gustavo said:

They way i see it, you don't have to look to the numbers, more to the reactions to the numbers. Two mayor cases:

(a)If a movie does bad in box office terms, is not going to be continued by a sequel.

(b)If a movie has a sequel, something has work out, or the studio has a good perspective for the film in a near future

So far, WB has green light another DC movie (JLD),  and is already starting the prodution for Flash and Aquaman for 2018. SS and BvS may not look good for us, but if WB is planing 3 more  movies for this universe ...things probably aren't as bad as we belive

Normally I would agree, but then we have Fox saying they are going to keep making FF movies.   That makes zero sense.  There is seriously no logical reason for them to do that.   The only explanation is they are doing it for emotional reasons (pride?  spite?) over financial reasons.

If WB is doing it because they feel they have to, I hope I at least get a good Flash movie.  I've given up hope for a good Supes on the screen for a while.  Maybe the next generation of execs at WB will get Supes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Normally I would agree, but then we have Fox saying they are going to keep making FF movies.   That makes zero sense.  There is seriously no logical reason for them to do that.   The only explanation is they are doing it for emotional reasons (pride?  spite?) over financial reasons.

I think Fox is doing it because of the deal with Marvel , if they don't do a sequel they loose the rights to characters or something. I think they saw what happened with deadpool and saw  potential in FF characters ,IF they are used right. They don't want to loose the rights. We all know it's the era of franchise.

2 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Course, thing to remember about SS is that it's had pretty much Zero competition the last month. Same with BvS on Home video. Not hard to stay at #1 when nothing comes to challenge it.

No competition in cinemas can make a difference, but not so much if you are not interested at all in a movie (see Ben Hur for example). I don't believe there is anything to do with competition and DVD sales. If it's selling well that means people got interested enough to actually buy a DVD to watch at home. I don't buy DVDs just for the heck of it. I watch on the net and only buy what I liked.

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 3