Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, Jonwo said:

I suspect that's likely the plan. The only team movie I can see happening is Suicide Squad 2.

And even then I'm sure that'll get some rewrites since WB's probably worried it'll drop. I can imagine there's also waiting to see how Aquaman is received before going forward with some films. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

And even then I'm sure that'll get some rewrites since WB's probably worried it'll drop. I can imagine there's also waiting to see how Aquaman is received before going forward with some films. 

It's inevitable it'll drop but the first film made more profit than BvS as it had a slightly smaller budget. If it has a similar or smaller budget than the first and drops only $50-100m from the first which and is well received and also gets a China release, then it'll be profitable. Unless JL, they seem to be taking their time with SS2 and it has a new director and writer in Gavin O'Connor who directed The Accountant and Warrior, they're not shooting until late next year so I imagine it'll be released in Spring 2020 with The Batman in either the summer or October 2020.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I just want a Batman movie with the same cinematography, atmosphere and thematic depth as War for the Planet of the Apes. I would just love something like that. 

Batman rescues hundreds of Bats from slavery & guides them to the promised cave ?

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's inevitable it'll drop but the first film made more profit than BvS as it had a slightly smaller budget. If it has a similar or smaller budget than the first and drops only $50-100m from the first which and is well received and also gets a China release, then it'll be profitable. Unless JL, they seem to be taking their time with SS2 and it has a new director and writer in Gavin O'Connor who directed The Accountant and Warrior, they're not shooting until late next year so I imagine it'll be released in Spring 2020 with The Batman in either the summer or October 2020.

Summer 2020 would probably be a good release. At this point though they should work on the quality of the solo films more though. 

• Like 1

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/warner-bros-unveils-updated-dc-films-slate-but-there-are-some-notable-omissions-a156238

IN:

Wonder Woman 2

Aquaman

Flashpoint

Suicide Squad 2

Shazam

Batgirl

Green Lantern Corps

The Batman

Justice League Dark

OUT:

Cyborg

Deathstroke

Gotham City Sirens

Harley Quinn

The Joker vs. Harley Quinn

Nightwing

Joker movie

Justice League 2

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WB should consider giving New Line some of the lower budget CBM's like Batgirl, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Joker v Harley Quinn etc... and the bigger budget CBM's they can keep. New Line can probably be what FOX was to Marvel movies. 

Still very skeptical about Flashpoint. As a concept it's a great idea for the DCEU like Days of Future Past was for the X-Men films but I'm not sure why general audiences would be interested in such a film when they weren't for Justice League. DoFP had the hook of having the original cast of X-Men returning. 

EDIT: Very disappointed (but not surprised) that no Superman film is listed in the slate. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

Thank god they are dropping the millions of Joker and Harley Quinn movies. Those movies always baffled me.

The IN list should also include WW2. Disappointed that they are dropping the Nightwing movie. Was looking forward to that the most

Interesting WB is still actively developing JLD, I suppose it's a supernatural superhero film which will probably have horror elements so it's something different. 

Cyborg and JL2 were removed ages ago so it's no surprise they're not on the slate. 

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thank god they are dropping the millions of Joker and Harley Quinn movies. Those movies always baffled me.

The IN list should also include WW2. Disappointed that they are dropping the Nightwing movie. Was looking forward to that the most

Nothing is being dropped that we know of yet. This is the same list they showed at Paris comic con if I remember correctly and that was a few months ago. 

Also the interview with Margot robbie from last week told us they have lots of Harley movies in development. Which movies get made remains to be seen. I’m sure once the new head of DC films is brought in and the merger happens we’ll have more concrete information. 

Also this tweet is from today from the nightwing director. The fact that he used a specific month tells me nothing has changed and the film is still being developed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Gotham City Sirens :(

That would be so much better than Suicide Squad 2. Plus, Harley is the only interesting member of SS anyway.

I don’t think Harley is going to be in SS2 to be honest. I think we’ll get SS2 and some form of GCS cause Robbie really wants to do a movie with other female characters. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Still very skeptical about Flashpoint. As a concept it's a great idea for the DCEU like Days of Future Past was for the X-Men films but I'm not sure why general audiences would be interested in such a film when they weren't for Justice League. DoFP had the hook of having the original cast of X-Men returning. 

EDIT: Very disappointed (but not surprised) that no Superman film is listed in the slate. 

Ditto the Superman feeling.

The problem with Flashpoint is they have not established anything with the Flash.   Why would anyone care that history is being changed before they get acquainted with the original history?    It would be like DoFP being the first X-men movie.   Sounds like WB rushing things again.