Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Sarcasm? Batman requires someone bigger and way more gritty than a pretty boy actor.

Pattinson's an incredible actor, and Bale was incredibly skinny before filming Batman Begins. Considering that Aaron Johnson and Nicholas Hoult are two of the guys who tested for this role, Pattinson certainly doesn't have a baby face like either of those choices. I mean, just looking at the guy he can pull of an amazing Wayne and he's got enough torment for Batman.

Check out Good Time; he's pretty much the antithesis of a "pretty boy actor" in that. Or The Rover, or High Life, or any of the myriad of great performances he's given.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Pattinson's an incredible actor, and Bale was incredibly skinny before filming Batman Begins. Considering that Aaron Johnson and Nicholas Hoult are two of the guys who tested for this role, Pattinson certainly doesn't have a baby face like either of those choices. I mean, just looking at the guy he can pull of an amazing Wayne and he's got enough torment for Batman.

Check out Good Time; he's pretty much the antithesis of a "pretty boy actor" in that. Or The Rover, or High Life, or any of the myriad of great performances he's given.

Fair enough. I haven't seen any of his recent movies so I guess I can't judge. I'll have to check them out.

• Like 1

Just now, JB33 said:

Fair enough. I haven't seen any of his recent movies so I guess I can't judge. I'll have to check them out.

Yeah, I used to think he was a stiff actor until I started watching some of his recent work; either he was really phoning it in in the one Twilight movie I saw, or he had an insane growth spurt in his acting capabilities in like a year

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

Pattinson is quite tall I think right, if one thing, he does not feel enough has a pretty boy with old money like the more recent Batman we got (Clooney/Bale/Affleck/Kilmer), the actor with the Hammer oil barron fortune trust fund would be maybe too on the nose in a way but if it was the first time Batman was made would have been an obvious choice, but maybe too obvious.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Yeah, I used to think he was a stiff actor until I started watching some of his recent work; either he was really phoning it in in the one Twilight movie I saw, or he had an insane growth spurt in his acting capabilities in like a year

One thing I can say is he's obviously committed to his craft and not in it for the fame, which would be relatively easy after starring in a big, popular franchise. He's basically been in exclusively indie movies since Twilight. Next year's Nolan epic should be a big re-emerging for him.

• Like 1

I can’t help but wonder just how much different the world of entertainment would’ve been if George Miller’s Justice League film managed to get made. Would the film have been a hit? Would it have been a huge mess? How would it have affected the MCU in either case?

On 4/29/2019 at 3:22 PM, WittyUsername said:

I can’t help but wonder just how much different the world of entertainment would’ve been if George Miller’s Justice League film managed to get made. Would the film have been a hit? Would it have been a huge mess? How would it have affected the MCU in either case?

In MCU terms with regard to the amount stuff you can throw in & the audience won't bat an eye, that's a Phase 3 movie.

If Mad Max Fury Road is any indication, flash in the pan.

5 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

If Mad Max Fury Road is any indication, flash in the pan.

Maybe, but still would have been a different road I would imagine.

Edited by Barnack

On 4/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, TMP said:

Rank the Batman movies

Live Action:

The Dark Knight (Joker +Harvey Dent arch before he becomes Two Face puts it over the top)

Batman Begins (Tho I maintain the first 1 hour of Batman begins is better than the Dark knight)

Batman 89 (one of the best (blockbuster) movie scores of all time and the best score in the genre; only Superman The Movie competes along with Man of steel, which has the most underrated movie score of the last 20 years imo. I know many might disagree but don't care)

*Batman Returns

*The Dark Knight Rises (after this is a big drop off)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Directors Cut)

Batman Forever (does have its moments)

Batman (1966)

Batman v Superman (theatrical)

Batman & Robin 

*I fully expect Matt Reeves' next Batman movie to threaten the top 3 if they're even close to the quality of his POTA films which were excellent.* 

*BR/TDKR are interchangeable for me 

Edited by jaybox

20 minutes ago, RollinWithBrolin said:

Hot take: Batman Forever is an underrated film. Some very cheesy elements yes, but its well-constructed/plotted and the actors all do well with their parts. And overall, it's fun to watch.

The deleted scenes were very good

Too bad we never saw The Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League.

It would have been bleaker than BvS, with no light or hope, just pure misery, resentment and despair.

A robbed  Masterpiece.

Edited by The Futurist

I used to think that DC would win over Marvel next year at the box office. But i now think that Marvel movies are so popular that pretty much every Marvel movie will do more than every DC movie. Even Black Widow will probably crush Wonder Woman at the box office.

Sad state of affairs, but WB is killing all popularity of DC characters while Disney does everything right regarding Marvel.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

It would have been bleaker than BvS, with no light or hope, just pure misery, resentment and despair.

A robbed  Masterpiece.

Snyder's cut probably would have made more money since they wouldn't have had to do as many screenshots. Critical reception probably would be as abysmal as BvS's, though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LordNox said:

I used to think that DC would win over Marvel next year at the box office. But i now think that Marvel movies are so popular that pretty much every Marvel movie will do more than every DC movie. Even Black Widow will probably crush Wonder Woman at the box office.

Sad state of affairs, but WB is killing all popularity of DC characters while Disney does everything right regarding Marvel.

Disney let Marvel do their thing and it has paid off handsomely. The Marvel brand is popular. Characters that were seen as B level are becoming A level on the big screen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

A robbed  Masterpiece.

Didn’t Chris Terrio state before BvS was even released that JL would be a comparatively lighter film?