Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Isn't Batman: The Animated series better?

All three shows (Batman TAS, The New Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond) are on the same level for me. Justice League/JLU/Superman: TAS on a lower level of quality, haven't seen enough of static shock to judge. Granted I haven't seen any of these shows since I was really young (sans Batman TAS), so maybe my memory's hazy.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Batman Beyond >>> All other animated CBM shows. 

Batman Beyond is indeed greatness but it doesn't sit on that pedestal alone. I feel the Justice League from the 90s and Spectacular Spider-man are right there as well. 

Also, no CBM included for me would Transformers: Prime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Batman Beyond >>> All other animated CBM shows. 

I don’t understand the love for that show. It’s pretty much the kid’s show embodiment of late 90s edge. It tries way too hard to be cool and hip and none of its characters are the least bit interesting. Also, the show established that Bruce got with Barbara at some point, so there’s that. 

21 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

Jesus the ignorance. MCU stans are jusy as bad as Snyder stans. Change my mind.

You realize that, week of the release, the big outlets were talking about JOKER?

And DC stans are just as bad as MCU stans.

If MCU stans drive you crazy with their bragging, DCU stans drive you crazy with their whining...they act like it some kind of cosmic injustice that the MCU has done a lot better then the DCU at the box office. 

Of course I am so sick and tired of the whole DC vs Marvel crap, and consider anybody who indulges in it to a dumb butt.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t understand the love for that show. It’s pretty much the kid’s show embodiment of late 90s edge. It tries way too hard to be cool and hip and none of its characters are the least bit interesting. Also, the show established that Bruce got with Barbara at some point, so there’s that. 

I liked Batman Beyond better then I though I would. but still think it's the weakest of all the Timmverse shows.

Frankly, the thing that made it work was Bitter, Grumpy, Old Bruce. Without that it would have been just another animated show that pandered to kids.

The single best scene in the series is when Bruce goes to see  the Batman Musical. That is priceless.

And, yes, that is Kevin Conroy doing the singing. He did  a lot of musical theater,and is a talented singer.

But I do love the "Return Of The Joker" movie though.Still surprised that went to places that were so dark, and Timm never could have gotten away with in a broadcast show.

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, it’s either going to happen or WB is just trolling everyone. 

I think the Snyder cut will probably happen, but it will be streaming release, and it will be "as is" without a dime more being spent on it..Don't be surprised if a lot of the sfx and other effects are  substandard.

Personally I think Zack Snyder is actually very talented on a technically side, he just can't be trusted to add any narrative ideas to his films. Working with Disney would be good for him as they tend to micro-direct their movies. I'd be interest to see another Zack Snyder blockbuster with a good screenplay and him kept on a tight leash

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chucky said:

Personally I think Zack Snyder is actually very talented on a technically side, he just can't be trusted to add any narrative ideas to his films. Working with Disney would be good for him as they tend to micro-direct their movies. I'd be interest to see another Zack Snyder blockbuster with a good screenplay and him kept on a tight leash

I think that Snyder is not a very good writer, period.

There are a number of writer directors, who should really stick to directing and leave the writing to someone else.

5 hours ago, Chucky said:

I think, as MoS proved, while Zack can make great visuals, he fails to be a visual storyteller. I think a great example is Nolan. Nolan tends to tell three stories and then tie them together visually (see the saving Reese scene in TDK). Snyder just cannot tell a coherent story visually without trying to do too much.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, dudalb said:

Irony is 21 Bridges is going to be sliced up at the box office by "Knives Out" which has Chris Evans in his first major post Cap role.

It's more of an ensemble cast? You guys have a habit of giving Evans way too much credit 😂. Civil War was basically Avengers 2.5 😂!

Edited by OdinSon2k14

9 hours ago, Chucky said:

People have claimed this since Man of Steel. "If only he had a good script." I think it's time to face the fact that Snyder himself is the problem. 

He is not a director who likes being on a tight leash. Disney would never work with him because he likes making three-hour movies where he doesn't explain character motivations nor the story in any clear manner. 

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People have claimed this since Man of Steel. "If only he had a good script." I think it's time to face the fact that Snyder himself is the problem. 

He is not a director who likes being on a tight leash. Disney would never work with him because he likes making three-hour movies where he doesn't explain character motivations nor the story in any clear manner. 

first of all does everything have to be so straight-forward? and second he does explain his character motivations (at least in BvS), the motivations weren't very convincing in BvS but he did explain them. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

first of all does everything have to be so straight-forward? and second he does explain his character motivations (at least in BvS), the motivations weren't very convincing in BvS but he did explain them. 

You aren't doing a good job of defending his filmmaking abilities.

Yes, it has to be straight forward because I'm tired. 5 years of excuses makes one tired of hearing them eventually. I defended Snyder for years after Man of Steel. I gave him all the chance in the world to become a better filmmaker but after BvS my defenses were over. 

• Like 1