Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

19 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

It is even if you don't realize it yet. 

It's virtually the same multiplier as IM2 lol, the SS equivalent of the MCU (third entry of interconnected universe) and had even opened a little lower than Squad. IM2 doesn't even have the pardon of being an "non-entity property at the time" like IM1, it was supposed to be the hotly anticipated sequel.

• Like 2

The unfortunate thing is that the better super hero movies get the more we  expect from them.  Civil war is arguable better than avengers assemble if you watched them both side by side, but in context avengers was head and shoulders above everything else in 2012 while civil war is only marginally more entertaining in 2016. And I agree with whoever said that BvS would be much better received 5 years ago than it was this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's virtually the same multiplier as IM2 lol, the SS equivalent of the MCU (third entry of interconnected universe) and had even opened a little lower than Squad. IM2 doesn't even have the pardon of being an "non-entity property at the time" like IM1, it was supposed to be the hotly anticipated sequel.

I can compare Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool to Iron Man 2 and both of those movies have on Iron Man 2 better mulitpliers, higher domestic, international and worldwide grosses, better reviews, etc. Comparing SS to one of Marvel's lesser entries doesn't make the movie look better. Quite the opposite in fact. Even more to the point, Iron Man 3 was supplemented by the huge success of the Avengers. Suicide Squad at this time doesn't have anything to supplement it and it was received much worse than Iron Man 2. In fact, their first three DCEU movies have fell flat on their face. They're burning through their characters for short term success but damaging the brand in the long term. We've already seen it happen with Batman v Superman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

:rofl:

That's so mean.

I find it to be quite fair. I just also find it to be irrelevant.

40 minutes ago, IMojammer said:

The unfortunate thing is that the better super hero movies get the more we  expect from them.  Civil war is arguable better than avengers assemble if you watched them both side by side, but in context avengers was head and shoulders above everything else in 2012 while civil war is only marginally more entertaining in 2016. And I agree with whoever said that BvS would be much better received 5 years ago than it was this year.

I don't find it unfortunate at all. We should be expecting more. I like that Marvel has improved from the Avengers to Civil War. They're also getting bolder with their choices and acquiring even better actors than before. Cumberbatch for Strange, Chadwick Boseman for Black Panther, Tom Holland for Spider-Man, Brie Larson for Captain Marvel. The casts we know about so far for the Phase 3 are very robust.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Agafin said:

Really? I can see RO's OS gross alone beat FB WW.

Harry Potter 7.2 made   $960,500,000  outside USA in 2011

The Force Awakens made  $1,131,561,399  in 2015/2016

Of course they are spin off movies, also there is no Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron in this new movie. And even there is going to be Darth Vader, there is no going to be Han solo, Leia and Luke in Rogue One. For me, the edge outside USA will be for Fantastic Beasts, it's a hunch. 

Also, Star Wars bassically its almost split 50/50 in its box office in Usa and outside USa.  Harry potter gets a lot more in % more from outside USA and i thinks this will make the difference. 

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 6:20 PM, vc2002 said:

New vid from Every Frame a Painting analyzing the funtional but unmemorable music in Marvel films.

I love Zhou but he conveniently forgets for the sake of his thesis to mention that SW was temp tracked to hell (Hello there Gustav Holst...) so that's not the main reason Marvel music can feel so unmemorable. There's the fact that the themes are barely re-used within the same series so it's hard to get the familiarity and staying power of a motif when themes are flushed down like toilet paper and don't get any chance to be developed or built upon breaking any kind of musical continuity. That sucks when the MCU is supposed to be built on interconnection, musically it is hectic and disconnected.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

I love Zhu but he conveniently forgets for the sake of his thesis to mention that SW was temp tracked to hell (Hello there Gustav Holst...) so that's not the main reason Marvel can feel so unmemorable.

That's a fair point. A better thesis is that Hans Zimmer won the war and the MCU producers figured safe, easy imitations of the style were the best way to go to with the tide rather than your traditional orchestral arrangements.

• Like 3

I still weep to this day how little emphasis Elfman's AoU received. How could anyone hear his rendition of Silvestri theme and say "no we are okay with Tyler Bytes doing most of it" is truly beyond me. 

Edited by Goffe

On 9/7/2016 at 8:35 PM, Kalo said:

Excellent article about what WB should do with thier DCEU. (basically scrapped it and start-over)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-warner-bros-needs-to-do-to-save-the-dc-extended-u-1786059387

Pretty much explained my feelings about the DCU and LOTR>Hobbit there.   Never thought about how opposite the Hobbit was to LOTR in approach.

Marvel has improved over time so I think the DCU can do the same.   Marvel didn't just start over after TIH, Cap 1, and IM2.   Now they are topping themselves routinely.   So maybe DC can do the same and recover from this horrendous start.

On 9/9/2016 at 3:26 AM, Emerald kikyou said:

As for the actors , they have their own fan-base , you might think they are replaceable but many would disagree. Affleck is the best batman to date for me, , no question ( even though I loved the Nolan trilogy but I was never a fan of christian's batman (even though he's a phenomenal actor) . Henry CAN be the best superman to date ( I say that while still being a huge Christopher reeves fan , but that was campy superman, a different era ) and I believe he will in the coming movies. Wonder woman had a great debut in BvS, and people went crazy about her.I think the solo movie will cement if she can hold her own in a full movie,I can see the great potential. Leto's joker is still out there , people are judging him too early,we barely saw him. The only casting that I had a real problem with was Jesse and even that can be fixed. 

Agree with Affleck and Cavill.   I also liked Leto as the Joker.    Gadot looked pretty bad in that last scene in the cemetery with Affleck though.   She might get exposed trying to carry a movie instead of being a small supporting character.

3 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Pretty much explained my feelings about the DCU and LOTR>Hobbit there.   Never thought about how opposite the Hobbit was to LOTR in approach.

Marvel has improved over time so I think the DCU can do the same.   Marvel didn't just start over after TIH, Cap 1, and IM2.   Now they are topping themselves routinely.   So maybe DC can do the same and recover from this horrendous start.

I hope so, Marvel still had Iron Man 1 to begin with though, And I loved the first Captain America, and liked TiH and IM2 better than the best the DCEU has given us so far though. I think they can getter better. I just wish I had more faith in WB right now. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2