Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

17 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Sure.   That's why DC fans never complain about the opinions of critics.

That's normal behavior on the internet, people post their opinion, and they disagree. Doesn't mean DC fans would trade BVS for a mediocre movie with glowing reviews, like, Civil War for example. Their own pleasure comes first, if you know what I mean.

20 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

See^^^?

People are already discussing yet another gloom-and-doom report about a DCEU film (from a Youtube vlogger no less) as if it had any credibility. :rofl:

Or...I was talking about the Cyborg character instead.    ":rofl:"

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

That's normal behavior on the internet, people post their opinion, and they disagree. Doesn't mean DC fans would trade BVS for a mediocre movie with glowing reviews, like, Civil War for example. Their own pleasure comes first, if you know what I mean.

Like I said, if that's what you want, that's what you'll get.   The studio wants money.

23 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

And guess who was one of the first posters here to gleefully peddle the news about Wonder Woman allegedly being a mess?

Yep, our dear friend about whom everyone needs to talk.

Ask him again about his predictions for WW's box office. :rofl:

I live and die by my Wonder Woman box office prediction :  60/130/420   OW/DOM/WW

I don't feel ashamed at all because I already tried my best to make the prediction. 

"This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims."

An actual line from Suicide Squad. Such shitty writing. I can't believe this crap made nearly as much as BvS.

Edited by Mojoguy

35 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I live and die by my Wonder Woman box office prediction :  60/130/420   OW/DOM/WW

I don't feel ashamed at all because I already tried my best to make the prediction. 

Your prediction was always absurd and based solely on your bizarre obsession. Anybody who predicted Wonder Woman to make less than 200mil and less than Ant-Man predicted that out of pure spite and didn't care that they were guaranteed to be dead wrong. You did not try your best. Even at the time the Wonder Woman is a mess letter was thought to be a fake by even people who loathed the DCEU. Those reports were all bunk.

The fact is a lot of people who wanted to hate Wonder Woman and who wanted it to fail have egg on their face and they've had it for months now.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

WB is already starting to gain a reputation as the studio that puts out terrible superhero movies that make a lot of money with the DCEU. I guess that could work for them?

The problem with that is that the bottom will fall out very soon if they decide to go with that, the Transformers movies are starting to tank because of how bad they have become and they desperately need to reboot and kick out Bay if they want the franchise to survive.

Edited by Mojoguy

The fact is a lot of people who wanted to hate Wonder Woman and who wanted it to fail have egg on their face and they've had it for months now.

I don't think most people wanted it to fail, most were just very skeptic at it being any good because they have been bombarded with such divisive or bad movies from the DCEU. After all the good reviews started coming out for WW, even many Marvel fans were rooting for it to succeed.

There is nothing wrong with rooting for a bad movie to fail, rooting for a good movie to fail on the other hand is something I don't understand.

Edited by Mojoguy

Wonder Woman wasn't terrible and Aquaman most likely will not be terrible either. I think Shazam is in decent hands as well.

It was foolish to let Snyder direct JL after BvS though. He seems like a cool dude but he just does not care about the things that make a movie good which makes him a lackluster filmmaker. I just take somewhat cold comfort in Snyder being gone after JL, regardless whether Whedon saves it or not. Personally I think WB and Ayer will part ways eventually. Maybe after that awful looking Bright most likely fails critically. 

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I don't think most people wanted it to fail, most were just very cynical at it being any good because they have been bombarded with such divisive or bad movies from the DCEU. After all the good reviews started coming out for WW, even many Marvel fans were rooting for it to succeed.

There is nothing wrong with rooting for a bad movie to fail, rooting for a good movie to fail on the other hand is something I don't understand.

I'm not talking about skepticism, most were rightfully skeptical, I'm talking about people like Kevin who were actively rooting on the film to fail and seem sad that it didn't. I'm deeply skeptical of Justice League because of Snyder but I am in no way hoping it sucks and flops at the box office. I hope the studio is able to save it because I want a decent JL movie.

19 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Your prediction was always absurd and based solely on your bizarre obsession. Anybody who predicted Wonder Woman to make less than 200mil and less than Ant-Man predicted that out of pure spite and didn't care that they were guaranteed to be dead wrong. You did not try your best. Even at the time the Wonder Woman is a mess letter was thought to be a fake by even people who loathed the DCEU. Those reports were all bunk.

Kevin's stanning for all the June films that ended up being flops was fun to see, he even bet against Dunkirk.

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Wonder Woman wasn't terrible and Aquaman most likely will not be terrible either. I think Shazam is in decent hands as well.

It was foolish to let Snyder direct JL after BvS though. He seems like a cool dude but he just does not care about the things that make a movie good which makes him a lackluster filmmaker. I just take somewhat cold comfort in Snyder being gone after JL, regardless whether Whedon saves it or not. Personally I think WB and Ayer will part ways eventually. Maybe after that awful looking Bright most likely fails critically. 

I think JL was too far along for WB to make huge changes as it was literally a few weeks from filming, same with SS but I think the rest of the lineup is in good hands. 

• Like 1

I think they were making huge non set piece related changes to JL before and during filming and I think they are still making huge changes. As others have said we will know whether it's Suicide Squad or Rogue One in November.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 hour ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

According to Batman-on-film.com, an early cut of the film Justice League was deemed “unwatchable.”

http://www.batman-on-film.com/dc-comics-on-film_JUSTICE-LEAGUE_news_Cyborg-reshoots-IGN_8-11-17.html

That is a bit funny text:

I can confirm that everything Mr. Morton said is spot-on. The Cyborg character was altered quite a bit during the reshoots. Also, as I’ve been saying since June 2nd of this year, the JL reshoots and the resulting changes being made to the film are significant. These reshoots – which are still taking place – are not standard pick-ups/additional photography. Why? Apparently, an early cut of the film was deemed “unwatchable.” Thus, substantial changes to the film were ordered.

Circular use of himself as a source (of him saying) followed by apparently.

• Like 2

Before WW's release, much of the hate surrounding WW was because "There have never been any good female superhero movies!" or even "It has a female lead! EW!" or "While male leads are getting marginalized!"

1) That's meaningless. There can always be a first good movie for anything.
2) Plenty of female lead movies do well. WW had the advantage attracting a huge female audience that might not be interested in superheroes movies at all.
3) 95% of superhero movies feature white male leads. We are going to get 3 this year and 4 next year. Hollywood will keep churning out these movies, don't worry.

Edited by Mojoguy

I'm not expecitng much from JL, at the end of the day the film will be 95% Snyder and maybe 5% Whedon.

There simply isn't enough time to change that much of the film. MAYBE if they had delayed it until next year, but that obviously didn't happen.

If JL fails that will be on Snyder, and if it's good it will be on him too.

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That is a bit funny text:

I can confirm that everything Mr. Morton said is spot-on. The Cyborg character was altered quite a bit during the reshoots. Also, as I’ve been saying since June 2nd of this year, the JL reshoots and the resulting changes being made to the film are significant. These reshoots – which are still taking place – are not standard pick-ups/additional photography. Why? Apparently, an early cut of the film was deemed “unwatchable.” Thus, substantial changes to the film were ordered.

Circular use of himself as a source (of him saying) followed by apparently.

That's how he reports everything , and if anyone dares question him then you're the biggest "fanboy" around as he calls everyone who doesn't agree with his opinion.

I followed them for a few months after BvS but I couldn't take it anymore as he's so bitter and negative, I can't stand people like that. 

They aren't bad people or anything but it's not a site for me.  Even  if he does have inside info, he's not the guy I want to hear it from. 

Edited by cax16

I wish I could say "I KNEW IT! JL WILL SUCK! HAAHAHA! OMFGLOL!"

But it's still early.

Let's just say if a ton of negative reviews come out for real on the week JL is released, it's going to make all the shitstorm that BvS received look tame.

There will be blood in the water, and everyone and I mean everyone will let their opinion be known. While it was pretty tame when WW came out like "OMG! It's good" Or "COOL!" or "Maybe I'll see it".

I mean it's the freaking Justice LEAGUE! How could ANYONE screw that up?

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I just feel at this point if JL sucks everyone will blame Snyder, and if it's good everyone will praise Wheadon

Replace Whedon with Nolan and its MoS all over again.

Edited by Orestes