Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Alright, I will give you that. Marvel (not Marvel Studios, Marvel TV) is literally TROLLING at this point:

HOLY SHIT. 

HOLY SHIT. :ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

Alright, unless that I go with literally NO SLEEP, I'm out of Justice League's midnight premiere. I will see it the other day, but November 17th is officially Punisher binge watching day for me. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Everybody in Watchmen is flawed, but some are flawed are whole lot worse then others. I think that Onymandias is clearly portrayed as pretty evil in the end.

in

I think of him as the one who is in the right at the end.

Memento : A++

Batman Begins: A

The Prestige: B+

Inception: B

The Dark Knight Rises: B-

Interstellar: C

The Dark Knight: C-

Insomnia: C-

Nolan makes decent films which are enjoyable, he ain't special though and his popularity is baffling. I mean he never soils the bed so that's something I guess.

Memento: 8/10

Batman Begins: 7/10

The Prestige: 7/10

The Dark Knight: 8./10

Inception: 7.5/10

The Dark Knight Rises: 6/10

Interstellar: 7/10

Dunkirk: 7.5/10

Snyder is more erratic but at he is far more talented than the tv directors they got directing superhero movies.

Dawn Of The Dead: 8/10

300: 8/10 (14 year old self would have giving it 10/10)

Watchmen: 8.5/10

LOTG: 8/10 (surprisingly good)

Man of Steel: 7/10

Bantman vs Sups: 7.5/10

JJ abrams, mediocre as it gets. Should stick to producing.

MI3: 6.5/10

Star Trek: 7/10

Super 8: 6/10

Star Trek Into The darkness:7/10

The Force Awakens: 6/10 (one of my favourite franchises rebooted with the safest, unimaginative and bland film, just a missed opportunity ruined.)

MCU... lots of poor films, 10 years ago I was excited for comic book movies. Iron man was a strong start. Then they kept releasing the same film, over and over. They never raised the bar so to speak.

Iron Man: 8/10

The Incredible Hulk: 6/10

Iron Man 2: 7/10

Thor: 6.5/10

Captain America TFA: 6/10

Avengers: 7/10

Iron Man 3: 6.5/10

This is the point I realised this films weren't going to get any better.

Thor TDW: didn't watch

Captain America TWS: 6.5/10 (I got the blu-ray for Christmas 3 years later)

GOTG: 7/10 (Kind of enjoyable)

Avengers Age of Ultron: 5/10 (what on earth was this film)

Ant-Man: didn't watch, looks lame

Captain America: Civil War: 5/10 (got tricked by the hype)

Doctor Strange: 5/10

I'm thinking I'm not watching any more of these, I'll maybe catch infinity wars. The films are visually horrible and the comedy just doesn't do it for me.

As for DCEU, Wonder Woman was a 7/10 and Suicide Squad was a 6/10. (MoS 7, BvS 7.5)

Honestly for how provocative the title is, Star Wars is (or was) the best franchise.

Star Wars: 9/10

Star Wars Empire: 9/10

Star Wars ROTJ: 8/10

Star Wars TPM: 8/10 (I loved the prequels as a kid)

Star Wars AoC: 7/10

Star Wars RoS: 8/10

TFA: 6/10 (maybe it's better than a 6, but my disappointment was too huge)

R1: 6.5/10

David Fincher was offered The Force Awakens directing position before anyone else but he declined. The reason being is that he would have been a supervisor and not a director, that the creative control he would have was too low.

This makes me laugh because everyone on here thought I was a nut job for suggesting The Force Awakens was a studio movie not a director movie. I remember this was brought up when people on here were angry that Jim hadn't send JJ Abrams a congratulations letter (like Lucas had to Jim).

https://www.empireonline.com/people/david-fincher/empire-podcast-david-fincher-interview-special/

Finch also says that cinema right now is poor and movies right now can be broke into 3 categories, heroes in spandex, romance and dumb comedy.

Edited by IronJimbo

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This makes me laugh because everyone on here thought I was a nut job for suggesting The Force Awakens was a studio movie not a director movie. I remember this was brought up when people on here were angry that Jim hadn't send JJ Abrams a congratulations letter (like Lucas had to Jim).

That cannot be possibly true, it is hard to have more studio movie than a Disney movie, even harder for a Disney franchise movie, even much harder in a recently acquired 2b cash+2b dilution Star Wars one with sequels planned (sequel to be made by other people) that is even harder. Not even sure how you can have pre-planned sequel to be made by someone else and the movie be the director movie at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That cannot be possibly true, it is hard to have more studio movie than a Disney movie, even harder for a Disney franchise movie, even much harder in a recently acquired 2b cash+2b dilution Star Wars one with sequels planned (sequel to be made by other people) that is even harder. Not even sure how you can have pre-planned sequel to be made by someone else and the movie be the director movie at the same time.

It was obvious to me too.