Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I didn't mind the changing of the ending in the film,it was the misinterpretation of the charecters that turned me off.

I agree with Alan Moore that the way they handled Rosharch was particularly disturbing:In the book he is portrayed as a borderline psychotic;in the film he is a hero which warps the whole concept of Alan Moore. Moore's world is much more complex then the one presented in the film.

Snyder definitely didn't get the character that much. Portraying Ozymandias as a blatant "ha, ha" villain was probably the worse though. It ruined the climax.

12 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I like the comic, read it twice, but could imagine if a fucking giant squad just popped up at the end of Watchman hahahahaha you would hear the theater go WTF!!!????

"A giant squid ah... wait where did that come from?" I think the audience would have felt like they were being trolled, had they gone with the original ending. 

• Like 1

Thor's impact on Justice League will be bigger than what people think.

Thor comes out 2 weeks before JL and is already getting a ton of attention. If Thor gets great reviews and JL tanks with critics, it's going to be a slaughter. BvS has zero competition compared to JL.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Snyder definitely didn't get the character that much. Portraying Ozymandias as a blatant "ha, ha" villain was probably the worse though. It ruined the climax.

I had the exact opposite reaction to Ozy.   My friends and I spent at least a half hour discussing whether or not he was doing the right thing.   He was almost exactly like Zemo in Civil War and nothing like the Joker in TDK.    The latter is the "ha ha villain".

Ozymandias had a logical motivation for what he did and he did have a point.   Killing millions to save billions?   It's a moral dilemma.   Note that Ozy completely stopped fighting once he attained his goal.  (just like Zemo)  And of course Rorschach was not going to veer from his course and that had to be addressed once it was too late to stop Ozy.   There was nothing to be gained from revealing the truth.   Loved both those characters.

Also love this quote:  "But you, Adrian, you're just a man. The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite."    Kinda applies to Batman fans who think he would ever stand a chance against Superman.  :D 

19 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Thor's impact on Justice League will be bigger than what people think.

Thor comes out 2 weeks before JL and is already getting a ton of attention. If Thor gets great reviews and JL tanks with critics, it's going to be a slaughter. BvS has zero competition compared to JL.

But....if Thor gets great reviews and the public likes it....

...and then JL gets great reviews....it will benefit from Thor 3 getting the public excited about a comic book movie.   When people like something they want more of it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I had the exact opposite reaction to Ozy.   My friends and I spent at least a half hour discussing whether or not he was doing the right thing.   He was almost exactly like Zemo in Civil War and nothing like the Joker in TDK.    The latter is the "ha ha villain".

Ozymandias had a logical motivation for what he did and he did have a point.   Killing millions to save billions?   It's a moral dilemma.   Note that Ozy completely stopped fighting once he attained his goal.  (just like Zemo)  And of course Rorschach was not going to veer from his course and that had to be addressed once it was too late to stop Ozy.   There was nothing to be gained from revealing the truth.   Loved both those characters.

Also love this quote:  "But you, Adrian, you're just a man. The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite."    Kinda applies to Batman fans who think he would ever stand a chance against Superman.  :D 

I just took issue with how he portrayed, it was so obvious. I agree his motivations were good though, and that quote is great. I also enjoyed his "I'm not a comic book villain" quote.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

I didn't mind the changing of the ending in the film,it was the misinterpretation of the charecters that turned me off.

I agree with Alan Moore that the way they handled Rosharch was particularly disturbing:In the book he is portrayed as a borderline psychotic;in the film he is a hero which warps the whole concept of Alan Moore. Moore's world is much more complex then the one presented in the film.

Since when Rosharch is a hero in the movie again?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Rorschach is the alt-right blow-hard that would rant about draining the swamp and Pizzagate roaming streets at night with a tiki torch today, The Comedian is the trigger-happy psychotic nutjob who would serve Trump's administration bidding with a MAGA pin and yet in the movie those fascist leaning characters are presented as the most badass, coolest, non-nonsense of the sad bunch speaking the truth. (Nite Owl is the pathetic flaccid liberal who secretly wishes he was a hawk like The Comedian to satisfy the Silk Spectre's wild libido who is just there to be the hot sex kitten when not whining about her "daddy" issues, Manhattan is portrayed as a callous false god, Ozymandias is depicted as an effeminated genocidal megalomaniac).

Ask anyone who has never read the comics about their favorite Watchmen character who they identify the most with, if they answer Rorschach, yeah, Moore is right to be pissed.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

Rorschach is the alt-right blow-hard that would rant about draining the swamp and Pizzagate roaming streets at night with a tiki torch today, The Comedian is the trigger-happy psychotic nutjob who would serve Trump's administration bidding with a MAGA pin and yet in the movie those fascist leaning characters are presented as the most badass, coolest, non-nonsense of the sad bunch speaking the truth. (Nite Owl is the pathetic flaccid liberal who secretly wishes he was a hawk like The Comedian to satisfy the Silk Spectre's wild libido who is just there to be the hot sex kitten when not whining about her "daddy" issues, Manhattan is portrayed as a callous false god, Ozymandias is depicted as an effeminated genocidal megalomaniac).

Ask anyone who has never read the comics about their favorite Watchmen character who they identify the most with, if they answer Rorschach, yeah, Moore is right to be pissed.

Rorschach is another one of those movie characters who seem awesome onscreen....but if you knew them in real life you would hate them.   Kinda like how the mob is always portrayed in movies.   The Godfather and Goodfellas sure make them out to be romanticized badasses, but in real life they are the worst sort of people imaginable.   Same with the Clint Eastwood western character.   And wouldn't you just hate Wolverine, Tony Stark, and John McClane in real life?

I like the Rorschach character...but not because I agree with him.   He's just a fascinating character who really was too fanatical in his beliefs to budge when presented with a moral dilemma that didn't mess with his worldview.   Whether or not he is a "hero" is extremely debatable.   Ozy could easily be the hero instead.     ...That ambiguity is exactly why I love the movie.

Edited by Harpospoke
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Goffe said:

Watchmen is peak Snyder. Rewatched it multiple times.

Read the comic book once, and it didn't wow me, so I gave it away.

So you are basically saying he is like someone who peaked in high school and there life became shit afterwards.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, YourMother said:

Snyder film ranking:

Dawn of The Dead: A+

LOTG: A

300: A-

Watchmen: B+

MOS: C-

BVS: D

Sucker Punch: D-

Fun

Dawn: B

300: B-

Watchmen: C

MOS: C

Sucker Punch: Godfuckingawful

On 10/17/2017 at 1:25 PM, dudalb said:

:redcapes: NOT. AT. ALL.

I don't know what film you and Alan Moore were watching. Rosharch is hunted by the police. He is as violent and unorthodox as any costumed character put on screen. The film shows a highly disturbed individual. Traumatized at youth and determined by any means, no matter how brutal, to make sure no one goes through his level of suffering, any suffering, ever again.

Hero. HaHaHaHa......No.

He does what sane people might like to do in a world without consequences. He's a dark mirror into the sanity of it all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YourMother said:

Snyder film ranking:

Dawn of The Dead: A+

LOTG: A

300: A-

MOS: C-

Sucker Punch: D-

Dawn of the Dead: A+

300: B-

Sucker Punch: B-

MoS: D-

BvS: F-

Never saw LOTG. Tried to, but got bored.