Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Thoughts,

- Gadot's Wondy has shared screen space with both Bat and Sup, especially Batman in JL. Will look wierd if she is with new Bat and Sup actors. Don't think we will see her Wondy with Bat and Sup again. Quinn, Wondy, probable Supergirl - looks like alll female DCEU for now. EDIT: No wait, there's Shazam, AQM and GL.

- Reeve's Batman and the Scorsese/Todd Joker could be part of same story-line. They may keep it away from DCEU just like TDK was so successful without a universe. Or maybe if things go well they will merge it with DCEU down the line.

Edited by a2k

I think WW will end up making WB lose more money that it would have if it bombed. 

Gal Gadot's WW is so universally loved that they literally can't reboot the whole universe, thus losing billions of revenue that a well-received DCU would earn. So they just gotta stand there watching her conquer the world while their other properties stay in development hell.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Wouldn't Michael B. Jordan ask for more money than Cavill though? He was in quite a few successful films so his deal to play Superman should be higher than that of Cavill's.

Would ask much more than Cavill initial deal for sure, but actor can try to monetize all the problem of being replace in the price they ask. Being already there give you a lot of value on sequels (like for the Potter or Twilight cast).

2 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

I think WW will end up making WB lose more money that it would have if it bombed. 

Gal Gadot's WW is so universally loved that they literally can't reboot the whole universe, thus losing billions of revenue that a well-received DCU would earn. So they just gotta stand there watching her conquer the world while their other properties stay in development hell.

I think they are going to have standalone movies from this point forward with no connectivity to other DC movies like they've done in the past with the Nolan Batman movies and Superman Returns which were both released during the same timeline of each other and could've been easy to incorporate them both in each other's films.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, a2k said:

Thoughts,

- Gadot's Wondy has shared screen space with both Bat and Sup, especially Batman in JL. Will look wierd if she is with new Bat and Sup actors. Don't think we will see her Wondy with Bat and Sup again. Quinn, Wondy, probable Supergirl - looks like alll female DCEU for now. EDIT: No wait, there's Shazam, AQM and GL.

I am almost certain that Wonder Woman and Superman have never actually spoken to each other in these movies.

Just now, AJG said:

I am almost certain that Wonder Woman and Superman have never actually spoken to each other in these movies.

You don't count "Kal, nooo." in JL?

Though I can't say I actually recall him responding in any verbal way.

• Haha 3

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

THE says it was scheduling conflict over Cavill being unable to film a Shazam cameo.

I'd believe the money angle over this.  WB would have to be completely unreasonable to part ways with him over not being able to do a cameo. 

They can't expect him to keep his schedule cleared for years at a time with no starring film commitment.  He signed his contract back in what 2011?   A new Superman film was reportedly not even on the upcoming schedule for at least two years and JL2 is currently dead. 

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Affleck is has been "out" as Batman for months now.

That's the go to click bait for articles. No doubt true, but at this point everyone is expecting that.

Agreed, it's just that it was never made official even though it's really obvious. And it would be hilarious if WB announced that they cleaned the house of both in the same day. :lol:

@DMan7 MVP Ray isn't going anywhere. :Venom:

Edited by Valonqar

I like Cavill as Superman and Man of Steel despite a few issues that make it second to Wonder Woman, but I had to make my peace that Man of Steel 2 was very remote when they used up his appearances with the Batman v Superman and Justice League direction. Even Cavill's recent musing on the topic of his contract and Man of Steel 2 didn't move me otherwise.