Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

If Cavill thinks he can get a big pay raise and more creative control along with a Superman sequel. He won't. Especially not after Justice League floppage.

Studios reward actors to get them successful movies, not movies that lose money.

His Superman has never been that well liked.

WB can sit back do nothing with the Superman character for the next 10 years if they want.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

If Cavill thinks he can get a big pay raise and more creative control along with a Superman sequel. He won't. Especially not after Justice League floppage.

Studios reward actors to get them successful movies, not movies that lose money.

WB can sit back do nothing with the Superman character for the next 10 years if they want.

I think WB are smart enough to realise that Snyder was entirely to blame for... whatever the hell MoS and BvS were. 

No, Superman's future won't live and die on Cavil's involvement, but given he just had his first unqualified hit in M:I6 the timing could have perhaps been better. I think most people would have been perfectly happy giving him another shot at a decent solo film, but hey-ho.

• Like 1

Is this when WB will publically confirm Affleck and Cavill as out of the DCEU?

WB can do what they did with Brandon Routh, basically sit back and do nothing until they are ready to announce a new Superman movie with new actor playing Superman. WB waited 3 years for Roth's contract to expire instead of firing him.

They are basically doing the same thing with Affleck and Batman right now.

• Like 1

HENRY CAVILL'SUPERMAN' CONFLICT IS FAKE!!!

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/13/henry-cavill-superman-warner-bros-money/

Sources in the know tell TMZ, there's no real discussion over the main role because there's no active 'Superman' project. It's true ... Cavill has felt he was underpaid for the role and that's an issue, as is what some say was an underwhelming performance.  

We're told if and when the next 'Superman' project is greenlit, Cavill along with others would be in play. If, for example, a director felt he was the perfect guy for the role, he could end up with another cape assuming he and the studio could come to terms.

Looks as if Henry Cavill’s people are sending stories to TMZ now. I wonder how WB will fight back?

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

I don't think it's about getting a pay rise, I think it's about getting another movie.

They want him to do cameos with no solo planned.

• Like 1

It’s so unfortunate to think that Grace Randolph makes sense to the point that you link her videos.

Anyway,why the hell Cavill and his team would leak a story to TMZ that calls his performance underwhelming?I would say that if someone leaked this story is WB because they are getting so much shit since yesterday and it affects the entire universe since buzz is pretty bad right now and cries for DCEU being dead have never been louder.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Alli said:

If they don't plan to make a superman movie anytime soon, why did they announce Cavill's departure? could have said nothing and let the fans still hope.  

Did they ?, I read the exact opposite of announcing departure, but a statue quo statement

WB statement was:

"We have a great relationship and great respect for Henry Cavill that continues to remain unchanged. Additionally we have made no current decisions regarding any upcoming Superman films," 

The article about them just tend to be filled with WB sources/person in the known statement in a article called WB response making it look like more official than they are.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1