Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Did they ?, I read the exact opposite of announcing departure, but a statue quo statement

WB statement was:

"We have a great relationship and great respect for Henry Cavill that continues to remain unchanged. Additionally we have made no current decisions regarding any upcoming Superman films," 

So Supes has not gone,

Thanos has no power here.......

Dm6Mt-zW0AYPPw7.jpg

39 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Cavill does have one more film left on his Superman contract right?

I think so. Maybe WB wanted him to use it up with a cameo in Shazam so his contract would be done, but he chose not to. 

42 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Cavill does have one more film left on his Superman contract right?

He signed his contract in early 2011.  The 7 yr DeHavilland clause should already be in effect - just as it was for the Star Trek cast pre Beyond b/c they waited too long to make the third.  So new negotiations.

• Like 1

The troubling part of the article is not that Henry Cavill is leaving but that WB is not planning to do another Superman movie soon. That makes no sense. Unless they plan to do more Justice League movies, because let's face it, Superman villains are worldwide threats and it doesn't make sense to have him fighting them alone when there's the Justice League.

And I hope that's the case. Yeah, everyone knows Joss Whedon's Justice League was a disgrace that should have NEVER, NEVER EVER be seen by any living being. And that it bombed at the box office and it was a huge embarassment, losing to pathetic movies like Thor Ragnarok and Spider-man Homecoming. But just because that abomination traumatized audiences all over the world doesn't mean there's no potential for sequels.

The Lex Luthor scene was one of the only things people liked about the Justice League movie, especially because it doesn't seem like Joss Whedon touched anything in it. If there were reshoots in that scene, he did a great job imitating Zack Snyder, because the scene didn't look like crap like all the others he ruined. It made fans excited for a Legion of Doom, so hopefully WB will continue on that.

Especially because, as this week's news proved, audiences LOVE Henry Cavill's Superman. And they also love Gadot's Wonder Woman. And they will fall more in love with Momoa's Aquaman this Christmas. Why not continue teaming them up together?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

I know Black Panther's numbers make Wonder Woman's less impressive but let's not forget at that time it was the #5 comic book movie of all time only behind the two Avengers and the two Nolan-Batman sequels. BVS may have hurt some sensitive people's feelings but it not only planted the seeds for several successful spin-offs like Wonder Woman and the upcoming Aquaman but it also is a new Warner Bros classic that will be making money for decades as one of the greatest American pieces of art of all time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I know Black Panther's numbers make Wonder Woman's less impressive but let's not forget at that time it was the #5 comic book movie of all time only behind the two Avengers and the two Nolan-Batman sequels. BVS may have hurt some sensitive people's feelings but it not only planted the seeds for several successful spin-offs like Wonder Woman and the upcoming Aquaman but it also is a new Warner Bros classic that will be making money for decades as one of the greatest American pieces of art of all time.

PBQntea-Zp3C4NK1cZV6e57APBtCBJLadUEibT-p

• Knock It Off 1

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Listen, it's totally fine if BvS is your favourite movie of all time, we all have different tastes, but it's not a really good thing to obsess over a movie and call it flawless when it clearly isn't. My favourite movie is Interstellar, I enjoyed it thoroughly the first time I watched it and it made a great impression on me, given the fact that I had existential crises after it (for real, LOL). However, that doesn't mean I think it's flawless as a movie, it just means that the flaws didn't affect the overall experience and the message of the movie for me. I know Interstellar is not one of the greatest pieces of art, but it's still a movie that resonated with me in a way no other movie did so it is and will be my favourite movie of all time and no other person can change that. Same goes for you and your love for BvS, you don't have to spit on movies like Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War, just enjoy what you enjoy and respect other people's accomplishments, because both Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War were unarguably great accomplishments for the directors and the actors and actresses that made those movies.

Also, BvS is not responsible for WW's success, WW succeeded because it offered something new for an audience that was under-represented, so giving credit to Zack Snyder is really disrespectful to Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot.

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Guessing they meant “MARTHA.” At least, that’s the scene which most often seems to get used to dismiss the whole movie as a joke based on how silly it was.

Well that s the problem, the whole movie leads to the Martha moment, everything is constructed around it.