Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Well that s the problem, the whole movie leads to the Martha moment, everything is constructed around it.

And does not assume it and continue for a long time making it about a giant end of the world event to fight and construct the justice league around.

I know BvS is trash and everything, but at least Snyder had a vision. I think it's really sad how JL destroyed everything he had planned and at the same time couldn't please anyone that hated his vision.

It was a complete lose-lose situation that WB led themselves into, dragging both Snyder and Whedon with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, straggler said:

Saw the Avengers: IW. Meh. You really have to fanboy/girl the whole series to find it anything more than mediocre entertainment. The Guardians characters seemed to work best. Thanos made no sense, but whatever.

This was me after seeing the first Avengers. Passable entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. Stopped watching MCU after the underwhelming IM3. Unfortunately, everyone and their mother in the US and some other regions seem to fall for these films, which has a knock on effect, like turning a Predator movie into an MCU film with a high quota of quips (as far as i've heard)... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elessar said:

This was me after seeing the first Avengers. Passable entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. Stopped watching MCU after the underwhelming IM3. Unfortunately, everyone and their mother in the US and some other regions seem to fall for these films, which has a knock on effect, like turning a Predator movie into an MCU film with a high quota of quips (as far as i've heard)... 

So how do you think people will continue to fall for the MCU films? Can't go on forever.

33 minutes ago, Hades said:

So how do you think people will continue to fall for the MCU films? Can't go on forever.

I don't know. Probably won't last forever, though, like with everything.

Maybe it's glorification of the past but it seems to me that the film landscape has drastically changed for the worse. Hollywood has become increasingly dependant on just a few franchises and everything else seems to struggle to make a profit, unless you are a cheap horror film. There's an homogenization taking place i really dislike.

Edited by Elessar
  • Thanks 2

I know people who worship films where the heroes walk for 10 fucking hours to put a fucking ring in a fucking volcano while a stupid looking CGI evil eye wants ultimate POWAH just because.

It s a great comedy since planes/drones are available throughout the whole adventure/journey but nah, we ll walk.

Best writing in pop culture History.

:hahaha::insane::sparta::redcapes::apocalypse:

Riveting stuff, some call it ART, other passable entertainment.

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

:lol:

Sure, just as Shane Black was quip-less before he did IM3.

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

this

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I know people who worship films where the heroes walk for 10 fucking hours to put a fucking ring in a fucking volcano while a stupid looking CGI evil eye wants ultiamte POWAH just because.

Riveting stuff, some call it ART, other passable entertainment.

not this

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hades said:

As long as they make good movies that critics like and people continue to spend money to watch them. Perhaps other studio should try that

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Yes, some people do.

oscar_jackson.jpg

Quite funny how those same people consider LOTR the only worthy work from PJ.

Ha has been criticized so MUCH about eveything he s done since.

Wonder why ( I know why ...)

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Quite funny how those same people consider LOTR the only worthy work from PJ.

Maybe because the source material is fantastic and it's by far his best work (even if I have quibbles about  several of his character & stories changes) resulting in wonderful movies - unlike The Hobbit where the source material is great but it's bloated dull slog at the movies thanks to too many poor story, character and pacing decisions by Jackson.

5 hours ago, Elessar said:

Could have just said "the whole world" lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Almost. In much of Europe, while not small, it's much less of a deal, though.

Eh Infinity Wars did impressive business across Europe.

A film does not make 1.350 billion just from strong Asian markets.

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Maybe because the source material is fantastic and it's by far his best work (even if I have quibbles about  several of his character & stories changes) resulting in wonderful movies - unlike The Hobbit where the source material is great but it's bloated dull slog at the movies thanks to too many poor story, character and pacing decisions by Jackson.

WB ruined The Hobbit trilogy,  not Peter Jackson.

No one is “falling for” the MCU. It’s the most successful franchise in history because it consistently delivers great quality and characters with a tone that people enjoy, and the movies vary enough to keep things fresh but not so much to feel incompatible with each other. The degree to which people feel the need to pretend the MCU is succeeding for other reasons than being extremely well executed just because it isn’t their personal cup of tea is really sad.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Yet you will not say.

But Jackson got a lot of goodwill from the LOTR no ? Is King Kong has 81 metascore, District 9 he produced was quite overrated.

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

No one is “falling for” the MCU.

Not even sure what it would mean for a 100% subjective experience to be tricked into liking or what it would matter if that was the case.

It is not like people falling for a professional athlete that while spectacular does not help a team win has much as the eye test make you think he is, there is nothing else than subjective relative enjoyment to have here, it is a movie.

• Thanks 1