Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 9/25/2018 at 4:07 PM, Maxmoser3 said:

Horror franchises still alive

Star Wars Spinoffs are dead

Marvel can’t bomb

Predator and Pacific Rim are dead

kids franchises brought back to life after Despicable Me 3 was the biggest children’s film, Coco was sucessful, but Cars 3 was a  dud in 2017. 

Beyond 2018

Fast/Furious is thriving and launching spin-offs. 

Madea can't bomb (Tyler >>>> Kathleen) :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar

On 9/25/2018 at 3:44 PM, Hades said:

Makes sense....Marvel are starting to remind me of SONY PlayStation. Those guys would shamelessly copy stuff from NINTENDO when ever they felt like it....

Apart from All Stars Battle Royale and PlayStation Move, name a single other thing Sony ripped off from Nintendo.

Also, what the hell do The Eternals and Birds Of Prey have to do with each other? Not to mention, Marvel was doing the "D-list teamups" way before DC was (GOTG).

Edited by MCKillswitch123

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Apart from All Stars Battle Royale and PlayStation Move, name a single other thing Sony ripped off from Nintendo.

Also, what the hell do The Eternals and Birds Of Prey have to do with each other? Not to mention, Marvel was doing the "D-list teamups" way before DC was (GOTG).

Arguably the PS1 Classic. I don't agree but 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Arguably the PS1 Classic. I don't agree but 🤷‍♂️

Ehh, that feels more like them following a fad rather than a rip-off. The Atari Flashback and the Genesis Classic came way before the PS1 Classic, so at this point, they're just jumping on the nostalgic orgy while they still can.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Ehh, that feels more like them following a fad rather than a rip-off. The Atari Flashback and the Genesis Classic came way before the PS1 Classic, so at this point, they're just jumping on the nostalgic orgy while they still can.

I doubt it'll go away soon. It's been around for over a decade, and iirc the SNES Classic sold like 5 million, so it's definitely a moneymaker.

I could see the PS1 Classic doing eh though, as most of the PlayStation hardware outside of main home consoles and the PSP don't do too hot. Stuff like not including the dualshocks or a fucking USB adapter don't help me in my iffyness

9 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

I doubt it'll go away soon. It's been around for over a decade, and iirc the SNES Classic sold like 5 million, so it's definitely a moneymaker.

I could see the PS1 Classic doing eh though, as most of the PlayStation hardware outside of main home consoles and the PSP don't do too hot. Stuff like not including the dualshocks or a fucking USB adapter don't help me in my iffyness

Yeah, but they're all gonna run out of consoles to milk soon :P PS4 still has a lot of years left in its life, after all, and Nintendo literally just jumped on the Switch bandwagon (and I doubt we'll EVER see a Wii U Classic anyway, given how badly the Wii U bombed). MS is the one who should be moving its gears towards something else, but they just released the hyper expensive Xbox One X and they probably ain't doing another one until a few years down the line too. They're all gonna keep doing these classic mini consoles in a high pace.... give it one or two years and we're gonna see the PS2 Classic, and at that point, it will feel like they're just stroking hardware that came out yesterday (even though the PS2 dates all the way back to 2000, but it still feels super recent). [Though, if they make the Dreamcast Classic, that should be an instant buy for any gamer, cause the DC deserves some success that it never got in its original run.]

And yeah, I'm not too hyped up for the concept of a PS1 Classic either myself, because, again, it feels like it wasn't THAT long ago and that there's still people out there who use their PS1's, or at the very least their PS1's on backwards compatible consoles (I still plug PS1 CD's on my PS3 every now and then). But, 'tis what it is.

(Btw, this is in response to a Sony vs Nintendo type thing, so it should count as a fandom war and not be relegated as completely off-topic :ph34r:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, but they're all gonna run out of consoles to milk soon :P PS4 still has a lot of years left in its life, after all, and Nintendo literally just jumped on the Switch bandwagon (and I doubt we'll EVER see a Wii U Classic anyway, given how badly the Wii U bombed). MS is the one who should be moving its gears towards something else, but they just released the hyper expensive Xbox One X and they probably ain't doing another one until a few years down the line too. They're all gonna keep doing these classic mini consoles in a high pace.... give it one or two years and we're gonna see the PS2 Classic, and at that point, it will feel like they're just stroking hardware that came out yesterday (even though the PS2 dates all the way back to 2000, but it still feels super recent). [Though, if they make the Dreamcast Classic, that should be an instant buy for any gamer, cause the DC deserves some success that it never got in its original run.]

And yeah, I'm not too hyped up for the concept of a PS1 Classic either myself, because, again, it feels like it wasn't THAT long ago and that there's still people out there who use their PS1's, or at the very least their PS1's on backwards compatible consoles (I still plug PS1 CD's on my PS3 every now and then). But, 'tis what it is.

(Btw, this is in response to a Sony vs Nintendo type thing, so it should count as a fandom war and not be relegated as completely off-topic :ph34r:)

I want a Saturn Classic more than a Dreamcast Classic, because a lot of the good Saturn games as rare as hell. Hi Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon Saga!

MS was talking about next gen at E3 this year, so it isn't too far away. Probably two or three more years until successors to the PS4 and Xbox, along with a Switch Pro or something.

I might buy a PS1 Classic because I don't have a PS3. Wanna see the final list of games first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

I want a Saturn Classic more than a Dreamcast Classic, because a lot of the good Saturn games as rare as hell. Hi Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon Saga!

MS was talking about next gen at E3 this year, so it isn't too far away. Probably two or three more years until successors to the PS4 and Xbox, along with a Switch Pro or something.

I might buy a PS1 Classic because I don't have a PS3. Wanna see the final list of games first.

Good point about the Saturn Classic, there are a lot of hidden gems that probably never or barely saw the light of day in that system. But that wouldn't really do any half decent commercial business, unless it's really cheap to make and they sell it to an accessible price exclusively to a large portion of the hardcore gamer community. I don't feel like all of these mini console are made just for game nerds, as there are probably quite a bit of casuals who own them out of nostalgia. And more so than any of the Nintendo mini consoles (or even 2600 and Genesis), a Saturn Classic would be a huge deep cut of gaming interest - not Colecovision deep, obviously, but pretty deep - and I feel like there wouldn't be much interest in it. At least the Dreamcast has such a widely spread cult status at this point that a DC Classic might reach out for a slightly broader audience (or it might Blade Runner 2049 itself out and disappoint as much as the original DC did).

Pretty sure Sony mentioned that PS5 isn't coming out before 2021, so yeah, three years it would be. Xbox Two(?) I don't see much later than 2020. Honestly, though, Switch is going to benefit hugely from its hybrid status, as it is dynamic enough to be a system that people will themselves to buy alongside/next to/after a PS or an Xbox.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328006677_Weaponizing_the_haters_The_Last_Jedi_and_the_strategic_politicization_of_pop_culture_through_social_media_manipulation

According to the left, The Last Jedi is not a bad movie: IT WAS THE RUSSIANS. 

And some genius wrote a PhD paper about it. 

Star Wars was a mistake. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/27/2018 at 11:09 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah i'm sure the recent success of the SNES classic has nothing to do with the forced  PS1 classic reveal..:redcapes:

32 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328006677_Weaponizing_the_haters_The_Last_Jedi_and_the_strategic_politicization_of_pop_culture_through_social_media_manipulation

Star Wars was a mistake. 

I think it’s more to do the literal onslaught of negativity. 

The constant complaining about this movie is fucking weird. It’s been 9 months. Whole new life could be conceived and born in the time Star Wars fans have been screaming about this movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

If someone says "according to the left" you know they're an asshole.

But it says he’s from Brixton. I know the gentrification is pretty bad over there but you’ve got to remember that Brixton is so left leaning that they threw a giant party when Margaret Thatcher died

Thatcher%20Brixton%20(2).jpg?width=1000&

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

58 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Star Wars was a mistake. 

BDe2Odk.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I mean... sure? I guess when I say people say that, and then immediately bring up sarcastically that it was russians, I just assume they're an (american) conservative nut job.

I feel as some non-US people don’t understand there is an incredible difference between the right wing conservative politics of the US and that of what ever country they come from.

However I find the differences between the right and the left in the UK to be far more civil than those in the US. Both sides agree on matters Americans still fight about.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hades said:

Yeah i'm sure the recent success of the SNES classic has nothing to do with the forced  PS1 classic reveal..:redcapes:

About as much to do as the reveals of the Atari Flashback and the Genesis Classic too. If it were just the PS1, I'd be inclined to agree, but it's a fad that pretty much everyone is doing right now, so whatfuckingever. And it's nowhere near as shameless as Not Super Smash Bros and Not the Wii, which are really the obvious straight up gimmicky rip-offs Sony did to Nintendo that I can recall.:redcapes:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Best ongoing franchise for me right now is Warner Bros. A STAR IS BORN, on version # four and achieving highly, story continues to be relevant.

But really I just came here to say...

In before 700.

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Threadly reminder that cape and masks in comics are heavily influenced by the KKK. So called "left-wingers" can walk on if they ever tell me they like comic books. :hahaha:

Really is this true? 

• Sad 1