Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 5/14/2019 at 6:44 PM, dudalb said:

TO be honest, Spidey was so well know they did not need to establish him except a brief verbal reference to his how he got his spider powers. And They "established" BP in the course of CW.

Agreed DC did not to need to every JL member his own film. But you did need to establish the charecters somehow and DC failed to do this.

Everyone knows Superman & Batman. The DC trinity were established by the time the season finale rolled around.

Pulling a better Iron Man 2 works just fine. 

3 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

Everyone knows Superman & Batman. The DC trinity were established by the time the season finale rolled around.

Pulling a better Iron Man 2 works just fine. 

Everyone knows Superman & Batman that are different from the ones in BvS. Those are different people with different motivations...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JimiQ said:

Everyone knows Superman & Batman that are different from the ones in BvS. Those are different people with different motivations...

Batman has been going at it much longer and something happened to his sidekick...that's about it. 

Dude's still the agile "cure for crime" with a death wish needing counsel from his aging butler. 

Superman is still the planet's savior, always making it in time to rescue that ace reporter.

Their ideological mo against the other hasn't changed from the comics/cartoons.

On 5/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, dudalb said:

For god's sake, the Titanic sunk over a 100 freaking years ago.

Some people are really too easily offended.

About anything, anytime at the drop of hat.

Historical context is dead as well. The liberals are ruining us from having a past that doesn't wholly equate to their ideal present. Scrub it, censor it and shut it down.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TMP said:

concern troll?

Some are claiming that I'm pretending to like MCU and that my meltdowns over the boxoffice are fake. Basically I'm trolling by acting concerned. LOL what a load of bullocks. 

6 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

About anything, anytime at the drop of hat.

Historical context is dead as well. The liberals are ruining us from having a past that doesn't wholly equate to their ideal present. Scrub it, censor it and shut it down.

The political opinions expressed in this reply to my post are those of Captain Craig,and do not represent my polirical views.

And seems to me the right also wants to distort the past to fit their policial agenda.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

Batman has been going at it much longer and something happened to his sidekick...that's about it. 

Dude's still the agile "cure for crime" with a death wish needing counsel from his aging butler. 

Superman is still the planet's savior, always making it in time to rescue that ace reporter.

Their ideological mo against the other hasn't changed from the comics/cartoons.

You can excuse all you like, but people did not like the versions of Supes and Bats presented in BvS...Supes in particular. They did not like a Supes who spent most of the film moping around feeling sorry for himself.

People did not like the SNyderverse, and it came back to haunt DC/Warners with Justice League.

13 hours ago, JimiQ said:

Hm, Avaturd, haven't heard that in a long time. It's quite fitting, though

RealCaoMarvel is a troll, pure and simple. Check his posting history. All he does is go into a thread, post inflammatory and often stupid opinions, gets his kicks from the angry reponses then goes to another thread to repeat the process. Always hit and run postings, never sticks around for a actual discussion.Textbook example of a Troll.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

You can excuse all you like, but people did not like the versions of Supes and Bats presented in BvS...Supes in particular. They did not like a Supes who spent most of the film moping around feeling sorry for himself.

People did not like the SNyderverse, and it came back to haunt DC/Warners with Justice League.

Not excusing for what's objectively there in the movie. 

As if I'd want that shitty JL to not haunt DC/Warners. I'll take any F4 movie over that.

Marvel wins again. Why can't DC get its shit together and cast actors who are not miscast. To quote @The Futurist DUDE BROS are happy with the casting because Rpat played in some indie movies. But have they seen those indies? What's so impressive about his performance in garbage movie HIGH LIFE? Nothing. Anyway, it doesn't even matter how many indies he made to gain credibility,  when he's miscast as Batman.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Indie darling Jesse Einseberg, you're not the worst DC casting choice anymore. when will WB learn. Just because you played depressed in some indies, doesn't mean you have it to transition to the big boys. RPat already did the big budget and he sucked.

Edited by Alli
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 3

12 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

So the odds are back in Avatar's favour... looks like Endgame missed the mark

so much for locked

I mean, no matter if Endgame beats it or not, nothing will ever take away from what Avatar accomplished. Yeah, it had exchange rates and 3D novelty to its favor, but it was still an original movie - sold mostly on a novelty concept + a director riding off of the colossal success of his previous movie - hitting nearly 3 billion worldwide. That's incredible. Endgame, whether it beats it or not, will not run away with the gold, and that's a testament to how not easy it is to hit a number quite like Avatar's, which, while I still think Endgame will walk away with the W, is a number that I thought might never be matched. Although, if Avatar 2 somehow stays flat WW sub-China (China will obviously increase and might go for 500M), it might be the only thing to hit 3 billion anytime soon.

At the same time, even you cannot deny that what Endgame accomplished - building up for 11 years to a ridiculously epic event WW to the point where it cruised past 2 billion in the same time it took Infinity War to hit ONE billion - is also mightily impressive. Both will go down in history as box office juggernauts, and Endgame will go down as the only movie so far to dethrone at least one of James Cameron's two behemoths so far. I think both Jim and Marvel fanboys can celebrate this one.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1