Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

22 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

As for Endgame beating Avatar: yeah it is happening. See Good Time y’all. Pattinson will slay as Bats.

The big difference here is that Batwoman looks like more grimdark CW garbage, while Pattinson is arguably the most interesting actor of his whole generation. He was also the most fan-casted actor I saw for the part, even more than Armie Hammer and Richard Madden, so outside of some twitter dudes who see 1 movie a year I don't think anyone's denying Pattinson's great acting.

Pattinson is a good actor and a good choice for Batman, don't see why would anyone rage over that :huh: Is it because he was in the bastardization of vampires Twilight? So was Kristen Stewart, and you'll find fewer actresses of her generation with a more interesting portfolio than her.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

The big difference here is that Batwoman looks like more grimdark CW garbage, while Pattinson is arguably the most interesting actor of his whole generation. He was also the most fan-casted actor I saw for the part, even more than Armie Hammer and Richard Madden, so outside of some twitter dudes who see 1 movie a year I don't think anyone's denying Pattinson's great acting.

I’m genuinely impressed with the production value in the Batwoman trailer. I just saw it and for a CW tv show, I’m thoroughly impressed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m genuinely impressed with the production value in the Swamp Thing trailer. I just saw it and for a tv show from the production company of Titans, I’m thoroughly impressed.

Change some words and I agree!

This happens time and time again. Batman has a history of casting outrage. People freaked for Keaton probably worse than they're freaking now for Pattison considering the time back in 1988. He's the GOAT Batman (imo). People freaked for Heath (don't do revisionist history, I watched it as it happened. People HATED; LGBT jokes that people made, making jokes about his flop movies like the order, making fun of him being a heartthrob via 10 things I hate about you, etc), he's not only looked at as GOAT Joker but many look at him as GOAT VILLAIN in movies; at least on that tier).

Affleck - Whether people liked him or not he played what he was asked to play, a Dark Knight Returns influenced Batman, and that's exactly what he did in BvS. JL doesn't count because that was a mess and he was "marvelized (not a marvel diss, i say this meaning that Batman was reduced to making tension breaking jokes- it was MCU esque, and that's just not Batman imo)" by Whedon. It was awful.

Anyway - I don't like the casting (if it turns out to be true) but it was Reeves' choice; if anyone has read up on the movie Reeves asked for 100 percent creative control. This was Reeves choice not WBs. 

:https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/creative-control-reportedly-brought-matt-reeves-back-batman/

https://geektyrant.com/news/story-of-how-director-matt-reeves-reportedly-gained-full-creative-control-of-the-batman

Don't believe that? Here's more from reddit lining it up:

Reeves has full creative control over the film.Why do you think Matt Reeves exited the talks to direct the Batman in early 2017?

A week after entering negotiations to direct The Batman, Matt Reeves has exited the talks, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

A studio source confirms that negotiations have broken down. The possibility, however, exists that talks could resume when heads cool. The studio is intent on making the movie no matter what, as the Batman franchise has proven to be bigger than one. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-negotiations-break-down-director-matt-reeves-977266

1 week later, Matt Reeves closed a deal to direct and produce The Batman for WB.

There were reports Reeves wanted creative control just like Nolan had it with TDK trilogy

Another report:

Reeves' involvement was far from a sure thing just a few days ago. While the initial reports pointed to a deal being all but a formality, as talks continued, Reeves and Warner Bros. were reportedly at odds and the studio saw their frontrunner ready to walk. According to a new report, Reeves' issue had to do with creative freedom.

Following the negotiations that saw him officially sign on to the project, Reeves now reportedly has "the final say on all things The Batman."

With this control and freedom, Reeves has the ability to make the movie he intends and does not have to worry about the studio demanding changes. https://screenrant.com/batman-matt-reeves-creative-control-dceu/

I doubt WB will demand change when Matt Reeves cast the actor he wants for the role.

Everyone can (and should) make the jokes and be disappointed but with that said also be prepared to eat crow IF he kills it.

Edited by jaybox

7 hours ago, Alli said:

Marvel wins again. Why can't DC get its shit together and cast actors who are not miscast. To quote @The Futurist DUDE BROS are happy with the casting because Rpat played in some indie movies. But have they seen those indies? What's so impressive about his performance in garbage movie HIGH LIFE? Nothing. Anyway, it doesn't even matter how many indies he made to gain credibility,  when he's miscast as Batman.

The hyperbole regarding Pattinson's performance in a couple indie movies is hilarious. Dude's are legit acting like he's the second coming of DDL

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

The hyperbole regarding Pattinson's performance in a couple indie movies is hilarious. Dude's are legit acting like he's the second coming of DDL

His performances are nothing special. seriously, what's so great about HIGH LIFE performance? He's getting hyped because people equate indies with good film making.  Proof, he was never nominated for even a Golden Globe like a young actor we shall not name

• Knock It Off 1

Ignoring Pattinson’s great performance in High Life (Don’t @ me cause it’s true), we shouldn’t judge an actor by their cover. I mean did anyone think Robert Downey Jr. would make a good Iron Man or Gal Gadot a good Wonder Woman?

26 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Ignoring Pattinson’s great performance in High Life (Don’t @ me cause it’s true), we shouldn’t judge an actor by their cover. I mean did anyone think Robert Downey Jr. would make a good Iron Man or Gal Gadot a good Wonder Woman?

Yes and Yes

Especially the RDJ, that was an easy one to say "wow, look at the personal story he has to draw on for Tony where there are parallels". I even recall outlets saying it was a good choice. Now they couched it by also saying risky cause RDJ was still on his way back and unproven as a lead but as a talent he was lauded for the choice. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Yes and Yes

Especially the RDJ, that was an easy one to say "wow, look at the personal story he has to draw on for Tony where there are parallels". I even recall outlets saying it was a good choice. Now they couched it by also saying risky cause RDJ was still on his way back and unproven as a lead but as a talent he was lauded for the choice. 

There are several old comic book and superhero forums  and you can see there was generally good-to-great response from Iron Man fans to RDJ's casting announcement. Like you said, most of the speculation and worry had to do with whether he'd be able to stay out of trouble.

36 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Yes and Yes

In the case of Gal Gadot, there was definitely a lot of skepticism. She had more skeptics than Ben Affleck. The complaints ranged from her being too skinny to play Wonder Woman, to her accent being too thick, to her being a model and not a “true” actress. Even after BvS came out, there were still a number of people who were unimpressed by her performance, such as the guys over at Red Letter Media. It wasn’t until her own film came out that the vast majority of skeptics were won over.

Sometimes I feel like box office discussions would be more logical if people pretended it was more like sports. Just because a 2019 team has more wins than a 2007 team, if both won the World Championship, they're both champs, it doesn't matter how many wins or points or whatever either team had, really doesn't matter whatsoever. Totally different circumstances, different paths, they both won. So what if Endgame beats or doesn't beat Avatar, I mean Avatar was a HUGE champ in 2009 and Endgame can be a huge champ in 2019 without either taking way from the other, right? 

Plus, what does it actually accomplish? Like am I forced to admit Avatar is a better movie than every other film ever made just because it's #1 worldwide? Seems kind of silly to me. I won't even agree it's more popular than all movies, frankly. It just was the biggest box office hit of its year, and it has been biggest since then worldwide, which means exactly what it means -- tons of people went to theaters to see it. I sure did. I think I saw it 3 times in theaters. I also bought the damn thing 3 times on Blu-ray, some regular Blu-ray, a special edition version, and a 3-D one that actually came with my TV back in 2011 ha ha. Lots of fun, really enjoyed the movie. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Plus, what does it actually accomplish? Like am I forced to admit Avatar is a better movie than every other film ever made just because it's #1 worldwide?

Not sure if serious.............

58 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

So EG over Avatar locked?

In what way is Avatar evil and EG good?

I'm confused at what angle you would even approach that from... if it's just a lighthearted joke sure nice one

• Like 1