Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Because you keep bringing it up everywhere? Avatar is #1 regardless what happens if not #2 due to Titanic adjusted for the modern era. The end.

"No one goes to that cafe anymore because it's always full."

Not only do you seem to not understand certain terms, you also seem to lack basic reasoning faculties. What you are saying makes zero sense. 

• Like 1

To an obsessed fan from a movie 10 years ago with a sequel delayed for a decade.

It's more like a Michelin 3* restaurant that closed its doors and people keep talking about how much it better it is than the current stuff.  It was better (not disputing) but it's been over for a long time and it remains to be seen if the sequel will ever actually finish or be as good.

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Because you keep bringing it up everywhere? Avatar is #1 regardless what happens if not #2 due to Titanic adjusted for the modern era. The end.

Well, if you get into adjusted figures Avatar is not number one....Gone With The Wind is #1 by a pretty good margin.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was reading David Ehrlich's article on the lack of sex in the MCU and I'm wondering if we will ever get a sex-positive superhero movie like Wonder Woman ever again (which, I think, was a pretty bold move for a mainstream superhero movie).

Never heard of Captain Marvel have you?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was reading David Ehrlich's article on the lack of sex in the MCU and I'm wondering if we will ever get a sex-positive superhero movie like Wonder Woman ever again (which, I think, was a pretty bold move for a mainstream superhero movie).

Sex in the MCU ...:hahaha:

They barely do any form of romance or love interests these days...The Nat and Bruce debacle really scared them..

I remember the Tony and random reporter scene in Iron man 1 and Bruce and Betty scene in Incredible Hulk....I miss phase 1

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

To an obsessed fan from a movie 10 years ago with a sequel delayed for a decade.

It's more like a Michelin 3* restaurant that closed its doors and people keep talking about how much it better it is than the current stuff.  It was better (not disputing) but it's been over for a long time and it remains to be seen if the sequel will ever actually finish or be as good.

What annoys me about the Over The Top Cameron  Fans is that they have to run down just about every other successful movie and/or franchise. The contempt for "Cape Movies" is pretty silly given Cameron spent a good deal of the 90's trying to get a Spidereman film made. And there open cheering for the Star Wars franchsie to fail has turned me to root for that franchise despite the problems I have with the more recent offerings.

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What annoys me about the Over The Top Cameron  Fans is that they have to run down just about every other successful movie and/or franchise. The contempt for "Cape Movies" is pretty silly given Cameron spent a good deal of the 90's trying to get a Spidereman film made. And there open cheering for the Star Wars franchsie to fail has turned me to root for that franchise despite the problems I have with the more recent offerings.

duddab you need to just relax.

you need to stop painting with broad strokes and even making stuff up!

Spiderman was a great film, superhero movies had potential back then.

Now it's oversaturated and the quality is ALWAYS mediocre or poor. That's not my fault, perhaps they should make movies that push boundries and are super good?

Now Star Wars? I liked the prequel trilogy and TFA was just SO glib and HEARTLESS.

Your problem is you get upset when people push back against overhyped movies!

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Without reading the article, does he mean that the MCU has shied away from tackling romance in their movies? If so, then with the exception of CM, I can’t say I agree with that sentiment. With that said, I do wonder if the decision to not give Captain Marvel a love interest was partially done because they were worried that if they had her hook up with a man, it would diminish the idea that she’s a strong and independent character, while if they had her hook up with a woman, it would hurt the film’s chances in China. 

24 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

sex isn't allowed in childrens movies lord dex

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

does he mean that the MCU has shied away from tackling romance in their movies? 

No, he means talking about sex and how not a single person seems to have gotten laid since Iron Man in the first film. Like most blockbusters, the MCU seems to have forgotten that sex is a thing and part of being human. It's almost as if sex is being treated as something dirty and should never be referenced at all. Wonder Woman and (know that I think about it) Deadpool are the only two superhero movies that have actually shown sex in a positive way and a human quality.

It's not something that has bothered me a lot in the MCU but I do appreciate it that two superhero movies were able to do something (and one of them PG-13) that pretty much every other movie in this genre has forgotten about.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If Cameron made one they instantly become superhero stans. Look at their alita obsession for a movie that lost money.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

If Cameron made one they instantly become superhero stans. Look at their alita obsession for a movie that lost money.

Jim hates with superhero movies have become! If anyone can raise the bar on the genre it's Jim.

• Like 1

That's just what we need in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Move over great characters with compelling story lines, we need more dick and pussy - that's what all the great movies and TV shows these days have! You can't possibly have a decent movie without fucking! It's sooooooooo important that we see sex - especially if it's two guys or two women doing it - that the world is going to explode if we don't get some type of oral scene in next two or three movies.

Can the world just get this nuclear war show on the road already?

Edited by I Am
  • Knock It Off 2