Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, I Am said:

If you walk outside right now and ask fifty random people if they're excited for "Avatar 2," not a single one of them will know what you're talking about.

There are Internet memes in use from people outside this board from "Titanic."

There are zero Internet memes in use by anyone outside this board from "Avatar."

Everyone knows who Rose is.

No one remembers any of the characters from "Avatar."

"Avatar" was the first well-done 3D movie - but well-done 3D movies are no longer a novelty.

I haven't personally seen it to say otherwise, but I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone pour their heart out about the movie.

There is barely even any "Avatar" cosplay.

Unless Cameron somehow finds a way to have the sequel give people blowjobs, the movie is just not going to come even close to the box office of the original.

Have you tried to do something like visit Google Trends and compare something like Avatar and Endgame?

You'll be in for a shock...

You should never, ever, EVER, consider what your small social group thinks as representative of what the world thinks. That's why we generally speak of it as "anecdotal evidence".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWings said:

Have you tried to do something like visit Google Trends and compare something like Avatar and Endgame?

You should never, ever, EVER, consider what your small social group thinks as representative of what the world thinks. That's why we generally speak of it as "anecdotal evidence".

Well I don't think he is wrong. Simply because it has been more than 10 years since Avatar came and Avengers has became a global phenomenon... If you simply ask someone in India or any other country they will remember (majority of them) Avengers over Avatar any time of the day.... It's not even a question... So try again

47 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well I don't think he is wrong. Simply because it has been more than 10 years since Avatar came and Avengers has became a global phenomenon... If you simply ask someone in India or any other country they will remember (majority of them) Avengers over Avatar any time of the day.... It's not even a question... So try again

If you know the opinions and views of everyone in India you shouldn't be here - Nielsen or comScore are just waiting to hire you. You're not using anecdotal evidence (again) are you? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Every time I pop my head in here it takes less than one page to realize it was a mistake. Perhaps one day I’ll learn.

I guess that's what happens when the movie is still 2 and a half years away. 

EDIT: Woops, thought I was in the Avatar 2 thread.

Edited by JB33

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

If you know the opinions and views of everyone in India you shouldn't be here - Nielsen or comScore are just waiting to hire you. You're not using anecdotal evidence (again) are you? 

This is such a bullshit. Dude I live in India . I have been in many cities. So I know how people love or like a movie (majority of people).... In villages people don't watch hollywood movies 70% of population of India lives in villages. So hollywood movies are only watched in cities.. The way Avengers movies have grown and so many people like it.... You can literally see it if you are here. I don't know what to tell you since Endgame is highest grossing hollywood movie of all time and not even Bollywood movies will for rest of the year wont gross more... If you want data you can ask Charlie....

1 minute ago, Hades said:

Cameron fanboys always have great comebacks ....😅   I'm just enjoying the arguments...:popcorn:

Unfortunately that's the extent of what they bring to the table here.

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

This is such a bullshit. Dude I live in India . I have been in many cities. So I know how people love or like a movie (majority of people).... In villages people don't watch hollywood movies 70% of population of India lives in villages. So hollywood movies are only watched in cities.. The way Avengers movies have grown and so many people like it.... You can literally see it if you are here. I don't know what to tell you since Endgame is highest grossing hollywood movie of all time and not even Bollywood movies will for rest of the year wont gross more... If you want data you can ask Charlie....

I live on Earth. Does that mean I get to speak for everyone on it too? Anecdotes are worthless when it comes to demographic analysis. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hades said:

Cameron fanboys always have great comebacks ....😅   I'm just enjoying the arguments...:popcorn:

Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
1 Avatar Fox $2,788.0 $760.5 27.3% $2,027.5 72.7% 2009^
2 Avengers: Endgame BV $2,732.8 $825.8 30.2% $1,907.0 69.8% 2019

What is there to argue about?

cameron-removebg-preview.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

A...........hahahahahahaha

EDIT: I take it this means WhiteWings went out and asked fifty random people if they were pissing their pants for "Avatar 2" and they looked at him in utter confusion.

Edited by I Am

My (Android) phone's default language is Japanese, so I think that's why it does this, but when I search Twitter, it defaults to Japan results. When I put in "Avatar 2," I got back a bunch of  top tweets related to some super weird dating simulation game (I hope that's what it is, at least.) This means no one in Japan cares about the movie. You can check the latest search results here and you'll unfortunately find that no one is talking about it. I did find these gems, though.

I searched "Avatar 2" on Facebook (small sample size of over a thousand people,) and the only mention of it from a friend was in 2012...... who said he can't wait for 2015 when it'll be released. :hahaha:

I'm sure "Avatar 2" will do quite well - probably finishing its run at about a third of a way from two billion dollars. The obsessive Cameron weirdos here live in echo chambers where you think every person on the planet is screaming for an Avatar sequel and... they're... just...... not. 

"What was your favorite part about Avatar?"

"Uhhhhhhh... hrmmmm... errrr..... it was really pretty?"

love all of James Cameron's movies, but I'm here to put a check to you all's extremely annoying uprooting of every thread with "Avatar 2" comments every three seconds. You can complain about others doing it to you, but from my outside-looking-in perspective over the past months, it seems without a doubt that they're only trying to get understand you guys' skin, because of how obnoxious you likely have been to them over the years.

Edited by I Am
  • Like 1