Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

50 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Their tent poles* .. you are slipping jimbo 😕 how is rl treating you this amazing summer? XD 

Ps: are you really thinking 4 billion dollars for avedar 2? Whats the catch? Is jim really doing no glasses 3d?:o btw this isnt a joke, i have huge respect for cameron and it pains me to see him missrepresented(bad fans and wrong choice as his best movie- avedar)

TTVOMJ

Didn't understand a word you just said

Not surprised to hear about the fudging allegations against Disney. I have always been baffled by some box office numbers for some of their movies. Some movies were reaching billions while I never have met anyone who's seen or even hyped them, except for the Disney fanboys online of course. Disappointed but not surprised.

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not surprised to hear about the fudging allegations against Disney. I have always been baffled by some box office numbers for some of their movies. Some movies were reaching billions while I never have met anyone who's seen or even hyped them, except for the Disney fanboys online of course. Disappointed but not surprised.

Read the article before speaking. 

57 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I should point out that the complaints alleged here have nothing to do with box office numbers. 

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I should point out that the complaints alleged here have nothing to do with box office numbers. 

True, but what Disney is accused of I a lot more seriously then that;this is an accusation of out and out fraud.

I am not a Disney hater, but if the SEC finds the charges to be true, then the execx responsible derserve to get sent to Club Fed.

• Like 1

6 billion do sound like a lot to me if they are not laundering money, that a lot of tax to pay on false revenues for something that they would have had to keep up for a very long time (Park and Resort revenues didn't dip, https://www.statista.com/statistics/193221/revenue-of-walt-disneys-parks-and-resorts-since-2008/), for something that sound like a very short time fraud in term of sustainability, considering the claim are more than doubling the revenues.....

A that could help make up for it:

Kuba has made two additional whistleblower filings since leaving the firm, including one this past June. The most recent tip alleges some Disney employees reclassified guest revenue from high-sales-tax items such as hotel rooms to lower-taxed items such as food and beverages with the purpose of significantly reducing sales tax liabilities in Florida, California and Hawaii. MarketWatch has reviewed the three filings and supporting documentation that was sent to the SEC.

That sound way more likely.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

unless of course all the other numbers are shaved off and Disney reports real numbers.

and maybe the production budgets are only like 1/100th the announced cost

The accusation is that Disney overstated the revenue from all it's businesses, not just the film studio. Something which a lot of people here don't seem to get.

It's a serious accusation; submitting fake numbers to try to jack up the price of the stock is something the SEC takes very seriously. Let's see what the investigation shows.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The accusation is that Disney overstated the revenue from all it's businesses, not just the film studio. Something which a lot of people here don't seem to get.

Source ?, from what I read all the allegation are from the parks and resort divisions, it is reported has such;

after MarketWatch reported that a former employee in the revenue-operations department told the SEC the entertainment giant had overstated sales at the parks-and-resorts segment to the tune of billions of dollars over several years.

And seem to be understood has such by everyone commented on it I have read. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

True, but what Disney is accused of I a lot more seriously then that;this is an accusation of out and out fraud.

I am not a Disney hater, but if the SEC finds the charges to be true, then the execx responsible derserve to get sent to Club Fed.

Sure, but stuff like this is nothing new for big corporations. Frankly, if it weren’t for the fact that Disney always tries so very hard to convince people that they’re this innocent and family friendly company, the average person probably wouldn’t care much for this story. 

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Sure, but stuff like this is nothing new for big corporations. Frankly, if it weren’t for the fact that Disney always tries so very hard to convince people that they’re this innocent and family friendly company, the average person probably wouldn’t care much for this story. 

Oh, I agree, but that does not make it right.

it amounts to stock fraud...only reason to inflate revenuesin an  official report.. is to inflate the stock prices, which is why the SEC is investigating this. Stock Fraud is in their jurisdiction.

23 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

These are some serious allegations of financial impropriety, but they don't have anything to do with BO grosses, lol. Reading comprehension of some people is kindergarten level.

And it's not the first time people here seem unable to comprehend what they read.

These are very serious charges...company execs have gone to Club Fed on these exact charges..but they are not fudging box office figures in a PR release, which, though really dishonest,is not illegal. It is when you make false statements in an official revenue statement that your get in deep legal trouble.

1 hour ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

unless of course all the other numbers are shaved off and Disney reports real numbers.

and maybe the production budgets are only like 1/100th the announced cost

The last 2 Avengers films probably have a combined budget of 1.2 billion without marketing......

14 minutes ago, Hades said:

The last 2 Avengers films probably have a combined budget of 1.2 billion without marketing......

With the participation bonus will see how close you end up being.

As of june 2018, without marketing they had spend around 880m USD on them.

Edited by Barnack
  • Haha 1