grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I vaguely remember seeing some headline online recently about how she wasn't in the cast group text and thought that she'd been kicked out or something equally click baity sounding lol. 

LMAO that would be funny. but she's like promoted movies she's in for 45 seconds so it just seems odd to not do this one where it seems like shell have more than 10 mins of screen time.

1 minute ago, YLF said:

LMAO that would be funny. but she's like promoted movies she's in for 45 seconds so it just seems odd to not do this one where it seems like shell have more than 10 mins of screen time.

Found this from a quick YT search, she promotes it here. But it was from last year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YLF said:

Helena Bonham Carter hasn't done any promo either. 

I suspect Rihanna probably has other commitments but she'll likely turn up to the premiere. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, YLF said:

Does anyone know why rihanna isnt promoting the movie w/ everyone? She hasn't even posted about it at all lol. She usually posts about the movies she's in.

Maybe she's busy prepping a tour or something?  Although I kidna get douchy vibes from her so I could see her being unhappy with something and pulling out of promo. 

24 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Maybe she's busy prepping a tour or something?  Although I kidna get douchy vibes from her so I could see her being unhappy with something and pulling out of promo. 

I can see that too honestly lol

I believe her booking fees are insanely high, as well. In the documentary The First Monday In May one of the Vogue editors was freaking out, because her appearances fees put them over budget and her entourage was massive. 

19 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I believe her booking fees are insanely high, as well. In the documentary The First Monday In May one of the Vogue editors was freaking out, because her appearances fees put them over budget and her entourage was massive. 

Rihanna?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jonwo said:

If this is successful enough to get a sequel, I wonder who they'd get for the ninth member? I imagine they'd probably have a long list of contenders. 

Any of these would make me happy:

Helen Mirren

Gal Gadot

Tiffany Hadish

Jennifer Lopez

Rebel Wilson

Kristen Wiig

• Like 1

Yass Queen Anne! SLAYYYYYY! :bravo:

Fuck yeah, I was hoping this would happen! So hype now! 

Anne was fuckin brilliant Catwoman, wayyyyy better than what passes for a good superheroine these days. Not surprised she stole the movie. Keep the praise comin'!

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

I see the WTS score is already being fucked with over at RT. :rolleyes:

Just kill the WTS thing already and be done with it.  :kitschjob:

Wait until the low IMDB score comes in before it even opens. Anything seen as "progressive" is automatically down-voted there; even Get Out started with a low-ish score.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Wait until the low IMDB score comes in before it even opens. Anything seen as "progressive" is automatically down-voted there; even Get Out started with a low-ish score.

+ Black Panther + Ghostbusters + Amy Schumer Films

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevenG said:

Any of these would make me happy:

Helen Mirren

Gal Gadot

Tiffany Hadish

Jennifer Lopez

Rebel Wilson

Kristen Wiig

Emma Stone or Reese Witherspoon would be my choice but I wonder if they could have their cake and eat it and have a female villain and a new member of the gang

• Like 1

I am intrigued about Anne Hathway here.

I know that she has good comedic instincst, but that has not stopped her from being in duds before and playing duds before.

The writing in this film and the character she plays must be solid, which combined with her comic timing, is giving her room to shine.