kayumanggi

FIRST MAN | 10.12.18 | Universal | Damien Chazelle | Ryan Gosling | Neil Armstrong biopic

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

What, they won't release it online? :unsure:

Given how it's basically like Nolan's IMAX prologues, nope...

Spoiler

from what's been described to me, it's a clip of the Gemini 8 launch which was Armstrong's first flight to space, followed by a short sizzle with full IMAX shots of the moon landing

15 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Given how it's basically like Nolan's IMAX prologues, nope...

Hide contents

from what's been described to me, it's a clip of the Gemini 8 launch which was Armstrong's first flight to space, followed by a short sizzle with full IMAX shots of the moon landing

OK, then I'll catch Fallout on Imax. I love prologues more than trailers. :)

46 minutes ago, ElastiRoc said:

I hadn't seen the trailer until I saw Fallout and... yikes. I didn't think it would be possible to make the first moon landing look boring and bland, but here we are.

I agree with you. In general I'm just not a huge fan of the director. 

I'm thinking this opens a little higher than Blade Runner did last year and then has better legs depending on reception. Won't have entirely smooth sailing due to how crazy packed October is, but having IMAX for three weeks should make for a nice bonus.

• Like 1

This is a really great in-depth interview with Armstrong's biographer about the experience of making the film  https://omny.fm/shows/go-flight/episode-007-dr-james-hansen-part-2

91QmUHwZlfL.jpg

First Man: The Annotated Screenplay is the official companion to the movie, and features a wealth of stunning photography, alongside the full shooting script. 

Academy Award®-winning screenwriter Josh Singer (Spotlight) and James R. Hansen, whose book First Man is the only authorized biography of Armstrong, provide an in-depth commentary on the challenges of dramatizing a fact-based historical motion picture. Exclusive annotations separate those facts from the dramatic fictions the filmmakers utilized, as well as explain the overarching dramatic choices made in telling the story of the man behind the icon.

https://www.amazon.com/First-Man-Screenplay-Josh-Singer/dp/1785659995/
  • Like 2