WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg8): Mockingjay 18.6M | Krampus 16M | Creed 15.54M | TGD 15.51M

32 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I got bombarded with teaser 2 attached to movies all summer. And I've seen it recently too in theaters, after the trailer was released.

We basically have trailer 3 or whatever on almost every movie at our theatre.

I saw the second preview before a bunch of movies this summer and saw the final one before Spectre. 

But really, does the movie even need to have it's previews attached to anything? There hasn't been a movie that sells itself this much all on its own since...well, the last time Star Wars returned after a long absence from the screen.

• Like 1

None of the SW teasers or the trailer have played before any movie I have seen since they were released. This is a gift from God since I have vowed to never watch any footage except the 1st teaser. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I saw Krampus tonight and man it was...weird.

That might even be an understatement, if anything. ;)

I also enjoyed it. It's neither as clever nor darkly funny as Trick 'r Treat, but I still laughed quite a few times (and just about lost it in the scenes with the gingerbread men). That being said, it's going to drop like a rock if audiences went in expecting straight horror - which seemed to be the case for my crowd.

• Like 1

Just now, angeldelmito said:

I'm confused as to why BOM hasn't updated Mockingjay's foreign gross since the 29th of November....

Because BOM. Even for all the strides that they've made since taking on Brevet, there are still some bugs to sort out - not the least of which is The Incredibly Inconsistent Case of Appearing and Disappearing Movie Posters.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

That might even be an understatement, if anything. ;)

I also enjoyed it. It's neither as clever nor darkly funny as Trick 'r Treat, but I still laughed quite a few times (and just about lost it in the scenes with the gingerbread men). That being said, it's going to drop like a rock if audiences went in expecting straight horror - which seemed to be the case for my crowd.

I was actually hoping it to be funnier than it was. Think there was a bit of lost potential there. For a portion of the second half, I felt that the film forgot it was a horror-comedy and dropped the comedy.